2 different color Glasurit paint stickers on same car | FerrariChat

2 different color Glasurit paint stickers on same car

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Meister, Mar 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I didn't get much traction on this in the main Tech section...

There has been a 88 euro spec cab on ebay the last month or so. In one of the pics in the listing it shows two glasurit paint stickers on the car. one Blue Sera and the other nero. I have never seen this before and wondered if anyone has some insight on why two stickers, have seen it before..or?

My 85 euro cab is all black so only one sticker. My 1990 348 is yellow with black lower rockers but it does not have two paint stickers on it, just one for the yellow.

My concern is the car has been repainted at some point in it's life but the seller is certain it has not and the two stickers are 1 for main body and one for the painted rockers

Thoughts would be appreciated, thanks!

2. StuR

StuR Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    UK Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Stu R
    I assume the stickers are in the same place, so the good news is you're not buying two opposite ends welded together from blue and black cars!!!!
    If you're buying it, you're inspecting it, so it's easy to see what paint work has been done, especially if it was a colour change.
    No experience of seeing a sticker for the sills colour.
    What does the log book say? If you're not buying it then I wouldn't worry and I wouldn't be too concerned your car has a sticker missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Wild thought . Was it a boxer ?

4. StuR

StuR Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    UK Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Stu R
    Not on a 88 cabriolet!? Unless that's the bottom half of what they welded on top!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. gt1995

gt1995 Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2011
    Rockville, MD
    Says in the ad that it's two tone, so maybe it's legit. Have not seen the car around the DC area but maybe post in that section too. One of his pics is from the Redskins Rides car show.

6. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    #6 Meister, Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    here is the pic. Looks to me like the blue sera (paint) is over the upper left corner of the nero sticker like someone masked it off....?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Cadillacbart

Cadillacbart Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    My money is on a replaced decklid. Why they didn't put the Sera sticker over the Nero- IDK. Maybe to try and be transparent about the replacement?

8. Il Steeg

Il Steeg Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

According to the seller, euro-spec cars (it spent its first decade in Italy) often had black rocker panels, and this car does, Therefore, it has the two paint code stickers...