specs:wheel nut measurement & thread type | FerrariChat

specs:wheel nut measurement & thread type

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by petrolheadjeff, Apr 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Hi, I'm in the throws of ordering a new set of rims for 'ol Bet. The fella on the phone wanted to know the wheel bolt specs. length, diameter, thread type, and anything else you can think of with regards to a wheel bolt and how to get it wrong on a Mondie! . I know wheels n tyres are a bit of a snakepit but I'd so like this all to come together without the usual hassle.

Would anyone know the depth of the hole on a standard TRX rim? Dunno if I need before or after the taper to be honest. I'd guess after. I do need at very least 6 full turns on the bolt.

Thanks

2. caterus

caterus Karting

Dec 24, 2010
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Jeff, You might find my post "Wheel bolts for a Mondial 3.2 with 348 wheels" posted 28/3/17 answers some of your questions. If you need anything further just ask.

3. petrolheadjeff

petrolheadjeff Karting

Apr 16, 2015
    London/Kent
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Thanks Tim. I'll buy the wheels n pop into Hills Engineering in Catford on my way home if I need other bolts. They make them all lengths so I'll sort it either way