Mondial T coupe on Legendary Motorcar | FerrariChat

Mondial T coupe on Legendary Motorcar

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by rob, May 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    On the show Legendary motorcar which is on the Velocity channel they did a short segment with a gentleman trading his black mondial T coupe in for a 98 SS Camaro. Great to see the Mondial on T.V! I believe it was a relatively recent episode.

2. Indyjones

Indyjones Karting

Jan 28, 2009
    Pacific NW
    Why would someone trade a Mondial T for a LS1 Camaro...I hope he got a lot of cash on top :)

3. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    There's a black & grey t Coupe with a whole lot of rusting going on... and needs at least $50k to bring it back (suspension ECUs as well). If this was the one, then I can understand the trade.

Otherwise, bad deal all around. Unless he received substantial cash to go with it, as you said.

During my 7+ year search for a black t Coupe, I only found 3 of them; Mr. Rusty and two others that weren't for sale (except maybe $40K, a lot in 2008 - 2009).

A fourth one was a pristine example that sold for over $45K (I recall, and a bargain at the time) just after I bought my '88 3.2 Coupe (now sold).

4. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    They mentioned 14k but didn't say which party was kicking it in but I would assume the dealer was paying the 14 to the Mondial owner. The camaro was very low mileage so the value was higher than normal.

5. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I'm pretty sure this would of been a Canadian car Wade as this dealership is in Canada any of those cars you mention Canadian?

6. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #6 Wade, May 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Did they say what year Mondial it was?

I was only looking for a one of 43 t Coupes delivered to the US market (i.e. U.S. Spec).

But these cars get around, so without the VIN it would be difficult to say...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. bigeasy

bigeasy Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2012
    If course they had to mention in the episode that the Ferrari Mondial was the least expensive Ferrari out there today. True, but still painful to hear.

8. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    During the episode, they said the car checked out well. So, I don't think it was the rust-bucket that was for sale in the US southwest a couple of years ago.

The impression I got was that the guy traded the Mondial plus $14K for the Camero.

Sid

9. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    It was an 89. If you google Mondial T Legendary Motorcar the ad for it will come up it has been sold but click on the link that comes up and you will get a bunch of pictures doesn't look like too bad of an example.

10. Wade

Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Okay, it rings a bell now. Thanks.

ZFFFD32A9K0082059

One of 43 US Coupes - Black/Black, probably a condition 4 car (as per Hagerty's classification)

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/mondial/532271-u-s-t-coupe-zfffd32a9k0082059.html

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/mondial/197947-has-anyone-inquired-about-mondial-t-coupe-ebay.html