Time capsule- Mondial T Coupe- only 321 Kilometers (200 miles) | FerrariChat

Time capsule- Mondial T Coupe- only 321 Kilometers (200 miles)

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by sixcarbs, May 25, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    I have no relationship to the seller, just spotted it in my travels on the internet.

Anyone looking for a new T coupe? I think the German at the bottom says it has never been titled. (According to Google translate)

Aus Vorbesitz FERRARI Mondial Coupe in München DE

2. Indyjones

Indyjones Karting

Jan 28, 2009
    Pacific NW
    It says that it's a one owner and has not been titled by that owner. What a shame to buy a new Ferrari and then just let it sit for all those years. What are some people thinking?

3. alexion

alexion Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2013
    New York
    I thought Mondial's weren't worth more than $25k? But in all seriousness, what a shame that this poor car never was and likely never will be driven.

4. braq

braq Karting

Mar 29, 2010
    Hill Island
    Full Name:
    Paul XXXcX
    Good stuff!

I am always intrigued by those low mileage cars...

Totally different animal, but hear me out
    I once bought a 18,000 km Mercedes W123 from the widow of the original owner. While initially I didn't want to "ruin" its value by putting kms on it, I surely changed my opinion. It was so good to drive, suspension crisp, no play in the steering, seats were perfect, just a treat and real time machine. In addition there was now so much information about what to take special care of, good advice for preventive maintenance and crossover parts...plenty of good times to be enjoyed until I finally caught up with the peers and their mileage.

So here is how I could talk myself into it, pay 120K,
    put 60,000km on it and arrive with a still low mileage car (in 5,10,20 years?) hopefully worth north of 60K.

Depreciation per km 1 (Euro), not too bad and whilst enjoying a tiptop example of the series.

Cheers

Paul

5. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
  6. Indyjones

Indyjones Karting

Jan 28, 2009
    Pacific NW
    And the two of them are located very close together in Southern Germany. 145,000 Euros. What did the Mondial T sell for new in Germany (in DM obviously)?

7. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Would make a nice His and Her's.

:)

8. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    sorry, but unless CRAZY for that high maintenance example, spend on a good 456 and the rest to bring to specs/high-quality for under that number and have more fun.

before flaming, have had both and LOVE the T but that is a maintenance problem with so few miles.....would almost need to spend a ton to make it run correctly...and, sorry, a coupe