Love this 88 Mondial on eBay color combo | FerrariChat

Love this 88 Mondial on eBay color combo

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Cadillacbart, Jun 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cadillacbart

Cadillacbart Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Silver with the red interior and red carpets. Super cool.
    Wish I had red carpets in my Mondial.
    I do wonder how the rear lights sometimes get switched position on these cars?- I assume it's done during a repaint.
    Not my car, no connection.

1988 Ferrari Modial Mondial Cabriolet | eBay

2. Cadillacbart

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
  3. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I'll be watching this. At $30k it was very well bought.

4. Indyjones

Indyjones Karting

Jan 28, 2009
    Pacific NW
    The silver red does look nice. I hope he gets a good price for it...we all know Mondials deserve to go up in value and catch up to the rest of the pack.

5. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Hmmm. For some reason, this doesn't appear in my daily Ferrari Mondial search. Bummer. I wonder what other Mondials I've been missing. :(

The silver with red looks fantastic! It definitely looks better with the Mondial wheels as opposed to the 360 wheels that were on it when it was purchased at auction.

2cam

6. Cadillacbart

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    It doesn't show up because the listing on ebay says "Modial" before Mondial for some reason. I ran across it while searching all Ferrari's.

7. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Silver over red is a great combo on classic Ferraris. Looks wonderful on this car.

8. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    great color combo. Always been a fan of the mondial and have been using my 85 cab a lot more than most things in my garage over the past two summers, but IMO mondis of any version/model are far from $70k cars now or anytime soon.

9. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Nice car, but it also another Ferrari with fender shields, when it was not made-sold with said fender shileds.

I hope they are easily removable.

10. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    I think that we can all agree that this isn't going to bring $70K. However, what does the group think it WILL bring? Will it crack $35K? $40K? The color combination seems to be the biggest differentiator between it and other Mondials.

2cam

11. Cadillacbart

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm going to say it will stall sub $30K this time as folks wait to see what happens. Upon re-listing, I think it does $36K and no sale. And then I bet it sells offline for about the same money.

12. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    It's an interesting example/car. Bought at auction for $30K by a dealer who typically asks high $ and seems willing to hold them until they get close to their number.

When you read the add, no real definite proof of when/where/etc last service was done, a couple other glitches in the carfax report like clerical errors on miles. Many would consider it an off color combo, while others (fewer) like myself actually put value on non traditional red/tan. If the seller was actually realistic about the market right now it's $35-$40K car as stated prior.

13. 2cam

2cam Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    MikeS
    Good call! It didn't crack $30K in bidding and now the dealer has relisted it with a $69K Buy It Now. Makes perfect sense! ;)

2cam

14. Cadillacbart

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Hope he gets it:)

15. Clnilsen

Clnilsen Karting

Jan 14, 2012
    Celebration, FL
    Full Name:
    Chuck Nilsen
    I look forward to him sitting on it for about a year, when I can swoop in at $31K :)

16. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.