No interior fan for heat or ac | FerrariChat

No interior fan for heat or ac

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by mondialo, Jul 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mondialo

mondialo Rookie

Sep 23, 2004
    Carolina
    #1 mondialo, Jul 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well getting the car ready has never needed so much. Again thanks to the forum wisdom so far... I did the stalk repair for headlights, rebuild the right front-replaced the right rear caliper, replaced the slave for the clutch, bled all, cleaned the started ground, and now have no ac (expected) but no fan for heat or ac (not expected). I checked the "w" connection for burns. I tried and contact cleaned most relays and fuses. Checked the 1a fuse on the fan speed control board. And ohm metered most of the connections. Picture shows values where i measured, comments reference pins as seen from component side of the board and what ohms were read read. I did look through the threads on fan control,heater blower problem-sorry, climate control knob, and ac/heater fan. Most dont reference a system w zero fan response for heat or cold???? I do have the footwell and center consoles opened so can gladly try something there. I dont have the dash off though. As an fyi im still on r12 haven't refilled ever as i just moved to the south. But the sight glass is black and i assume the system is empty. I debated adding 134 to refill it but wasn't sure if that was ok. One ac thread said yes others no. But again the fan seems to me to be a separate issue. Any help is appreciated thanks. It's hot in the Carolinas so fan and ac are as important as the motor and brakes lol.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Hi,
    It would help if you put some gaps in the text to make it an easier read.

Not sure about your fan problem, do you have a copy of the wiring diagram as i can e mail you a copy.

Re the gas for the ac, original f12 in the uk and now 134 but you need to have some of the hoses changed if using 134, apparantly the 134 passes through the original r12 hoses.
    If system has little or no gas, the low pressure switch mounted on top of the drier in the front compartment will stop the compressor from running.
    Dont mix 12 and 134

3. mondialo

mondialo Rookie

Sep 23, 2004
    Carolina
    I have the 3.2 diagram. I'm not sure how different it is?? If you have the 3.0 please forward. Thanks!

4. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Mine is the 3.2 diagram as well so no help there

5. mondialo

mondialo Rookie

Sep 23, 2004
    Carolina
    Ok. It must be close

6. mondialo

mondialo Rookie

Sep 23, 2004
    Carolina
    #6 mondialo, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I noticed that next to the climate control module on the passenger floor one of my relays was warm with the car turned off???

Still no luck with getting the fan on heat or cold. Tried contact cleaning the center console electronics also swapped the power transistor with a new 2n5886 tested prior to install. Still no luck.

But I noticed as I was reconnecting the power transistor harness along the floor firewall a large black Bosch relay 0679 was warm with the car totally off. Been off multiple days. Not to hot to touch but clearly warmer than it should be.

What is the relay? I can't tell which one it is on the wiring diagrams. I have the diagrams for the 3.2 and the QV full maintenance manual. What would it connect to to cause it to b warm???

In pics below firewall on right

Thanks to all for any insight

7. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Can you get the fan to actually run ? Try connecting power directly to the motor bypassing the relays etc.
    Does the motor have a cylinder fixed to its casing, if so it will be a condenser to help start the motor, these can fail.
    The warm relay is probably not part of the fan system as that should be dead with key off