Mondial T rear quarter window poor seal | FerrariChat

Mondial T rear quarter window poor seal

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by scottmar, Jul 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. scottmar

scottmar Karting

Sep 11, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Scottmar
    #1 scottmar, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The driver side rear quarter window is not sealed properly, and has wind noise at speed, and probably will leak water.
    The glass is not tight like the passenger side, and the plastic trim piece on the outside doesn't quite fit right and is loose at the front side (See the attached picture). The rubber trim at the bottom of the window is being squeezed a little by the plastic trim piece. Can anyone shed light on this? It is the original Ferrari glass, but maybe was removed and not reinstalled properly? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Allen S.

Allen S. Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Morgan Hill, CA
    Full Name:
    Allen / AKA tCoupe
    #2 Allen S., Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The rubber window seal is tucked behind the window corner cover. The rubber seal should be flush with the glass. The fit is the same on both sides.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. scottmar

scottmar Karting

Sep 11, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Scottmar
    Allen
    Yes, that is the way mine looks on the passenger side. Something is awry. I will have to dig into this and see why?
    thanks

4. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    you can just pull the plastic over the rubber strip. The plastic triangle is glued to the glass with black silicone

5. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Stef-

Surely not glued to the glass? How would the window be able to operate?

Glued to the black trim perhaps?
    Alden

6. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    That particular window doesn't move.

7. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    It's about the coupe version I think.

8. scottmar

scottmar Karting

Sep 11, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Scottmar
    i looked more closely at this over the weekend, and it looks like this trim piece did come unglued at the front, it is mechanically fastened at the back. It is also mounted a little further to the back of the car on this side compared to the other side, so that accounts for why it is overlapping the rubber seal. I put some dark foam rubber behind the trim along it's edge and siliconed it in. Sat. I will see if it makes a difference. I did put a piece of duct tape along the edge and drove it before i did all this and there was almost no wind noise, so this being unglued was a problem. thanks for the comments and advise.
    Scott