Go Back   FerrariChat.com > The Ferrari Lifestyle > Motorcycles & Boats

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2016, 09:49 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Rich
New year, new update:

Well, the latest update is that I tried to get it running but was having issues with not getting any spark. I believe I've found a solution to that which for the time being will allow me to get it running so I can do a proper inspection on the charging system. I've done all the checks which can be done without it running but have to get it at least idling before I can verify that the output from the alternator is as it should be, that the rec/reg is functioning properly, that the battery is charging, etc. I am hoping to try firing it up again tomorrow and feel fairly good about it. I charged the battery earlier this week and have verified that my alternate wiring for the ignition coil voltage source leads to spark on the 4th cylinder. I'll double check the other three prior to hooking up the fuel tank.

The new swingarm is beginning its modifications. I've got a coworker who has a nice machine shop at his house and is going to take the bulk of pieces I need to remove, which is mostly the mono-shock suspension brackets, and get it back to me to clean up with my Dremmel. After that I'll be able to figure out how much needs to come off the overall length and get it sized down and the new box bracing in place.

The front end I purchased (2004 YZF-R6S) is just about ready to go on also. I'm going to get the top triple cleaned up a bit, just removing the gauge cluster mounting points and the bracket for the key/lock. I have to see if the stock front wheel will fit between the brake calipers without being relaced. I've not decided between using wire spoke wheels which will be quite pricey or getting some alloys.

Short version of the story, its moving forward slowly. I just need to decide what to do about wheels. I would like to try to use the stock ones for the time being instead of spending money on new ones. We will see if that is feasible or not.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 01-15-2016, 08:01 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Its Alive! It officially runs so I'm full steam ahead now on getting the rest of the stuff modified and fitted.

Wheels from a 1986 GSX-R 750 on the way, bearings, seals, top triple clamp is getting cleaned up, etc. Feeling pretty good about this now.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:00 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Ok... I know it seems like it's dead, but it isn't. With some changes in job assignments, fun with the kid-o and moving again, there's been no progress. BUT, I've haven't given up.

Stay tuned.