Bike Shops | FerrariChat

Bike Shops

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by 11506apollo, Nov 24, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    I want to give my 1999 Honda Magna 750F to a shop for some drastic mods.
    kinda make her look like a "Café Racer". throw away most of plastic pieces, add Disc brake on the rear and a 2 discs on front. drop the bar a little, and the most important part...expose that beautifull V4 and 4 carbs.
    my problem is I have no idea which shop to contact, specially here in Texas.
    Any ideas.? Thanks.

2. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Do it yourself. Start of by removing all plastic, fenders, side covers, everything that is not needed to be a motorcycle. Then look at it to see what you need to do next. New pipes, new tank or modify existing tank, new brakes, bars, ect,,,You'll be surprised how easy it is. It if get stuck on something you can't do, sub it out...

3. Zxgarage

Zxgarage Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2011
    MD/ DC area
    Full Name:
    Zack
    It's fun...

4. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Subscribe to roadracingworld. They have advertisers selling stuff that you would install. Brakes, fenders, etc.
    Art

5. walnut

walnut F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2006
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I'm going to have to second what parkerfe and Zxgarage have said... do it yourself, its fun!

Check out my thread on a similar build, the only thing I've not done myself was the frame modifications because I didn't have the "know how" or tools at the time. Its a blast, even though finding the time has been difficult at best.

6. skelly

skelly Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2011
    #6 skelly, Nov 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The first attached image is of a Ducati customized by Revival Cycles in Austin.

The second photo is one by Retro Moto out of Fort Worth.

I'd guess that there are quite a few fabricators out there who could do the work you want. I tend to agree with the above posters that it is a lot of fun to build a bike. But if you're going to find a shop to do the build, spend some time looking through the customs at BikeEXIF and Pipeburn. You might find a shop with an aesthetic you really desire. Then you could just ship your Magna and write a check.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. skelly

skelly Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2011
    #7 skelly, Jan 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017