indian motorcycles | FerrariChat

indian motorcycles

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by robert biscan, Oct 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I'm thinking of buying an Indian. Any first hand experiences?

2. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Buddy of mine just bought a 2014 from an Arkansas dealer who is supposed to be the mass volume nationwide dealer. I have no clue. Left over 2014's carry 3 extra years warranty.

This friend is getting a custom Indian paint job on top of their top line bike. About 26 grand all in.

Your local Indian dealer sometimes has free road tests. I'm going end of October. Leaving wallet at home just in case ;)

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #3 Rifledriver, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
    Interesting motor. I haven't heard anything good about the handling/riding qualities of the Chief or Chieftan. I like retro styling to some extent but I don't find myself attracted to their interpretation of it. I almost like the Scout but I think it missed in a couple of styling areas. The fenders on it are a mess styling wise. If they just cleaned those up I think it would be OK. I'd like to see them do well and I'd like to see them improve. I think they are in the right direction and will give them some time to see if they tune it up a little.

4. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    The specs of the motor on paper look real good. Lots of torque and hp. I guess they sold more than 100 bikes in total last year of all models at the shop I was at. They do have a couple of 2014 bikes as well.

5. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Done bought a 2014 classic that is blue. Just loved the leather.

6. Matt74

Matt74 Karting

Oct 23, 2014
    South of France
    Any chance of a pic? :D

7. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    #7 B R, Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I don't know much about bikes but a couple of years ago a lady I know called me and said her father was selling an old Indian Scout. He had bought it new back in the day. It was in fair original and running condition, on a trailer.......the bike and the trailer was 6K........I raced out to his house with cash in hand, and the bike was already sold.

9. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    The new scout looks a winner to me.

10. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    The leather work on the bikes is top notch IMO. The craftsmanship is stunning.

11. John B

John B Formula 3

May 27, 2003
    NJ
    Just saw the Scout at the NYC Bike show, it looked sweet!

12. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Nice day in Tn today so I rode her a few miles. If you punch her she moves pretty good and I was surprised. I will hit it harder when I have a few more miles on her. Dealer said that they sold 30 scouts and can't get them fast enough.

13. tundraphile

tundraphile F1 Veteran

May 16, 2007
    Missouri
    It was announced Polaris has purchased Brammo, one of the older manufacturers of electric bikes. Polaris also owns Indian.

You have to wonder if they are preparing to have an answer to the Harley electric bike that has been shown in prototype form (will also be in new Avengers movie).

An electric Slingshot 3-wheeler is more likely, but having Brammo's experience would be helpful in an E-Indian as well.

14. Falcon Wing

Falcon Wing Formula 3

Aug 4, 2010
    Colorado Springs
    I have to say that I think the new Scout is one of the best looking factory bikes (cruiser type) I have seen in a long time. I hope it does well for them.

15. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    beautiful bike. i just sold my harley, so no more riding for me. i wanted a new indian when they first went into new production about 20 yrs ago.
    i still have a NOS indian leather jacket that is now on ebay. couldnt really wear it riding a harley.....

Texas Forever likes this.
  16. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    Thought I would revive this thread. Indians have changed quite a bit since 2015. I have always been a Harley guy and still have a couple. But in 2019, after demo rides at Daytona, I bought a 2019 Chief Vintage. It is a really great bike and with the 116 Big Bore kit, it is very quick. Back in May I ordered a 2022 Dark Horse Challenger and took delivery in October. It too is a great bike. With Polaris as the owner and without distractions from Victory, I think Indian is in a good place. There are still too few dealers and not enough parts. But they are still fun to ride!

Boomhauer and Texas Forever like this.
  17. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK