BSA DBD34 Gold Star price check. | FerrariChat

BSA DBD34 Gold Star price check.

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by Yoric, Oct 31, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yoric

Yoric Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 8, 2005
    Full Name:
    Yoric
    I'm being tempted by an acquaintance's offer to sell a 1960 Gold Star. It is beautiful, makes the right sounds and has few needs--mostly cosmetic. What's the going price for one of these motorcycles in good mechanical condition? Are they fairly desirable, in other words, am I likely to break even if it turns out I don't like it and decide to move it along in a couple of years?
    I have other bikes that I ride but nothing as esoteric as this item. Yes, I understand they can be hard to start, and parts may be a bit of a chore to find, but it's not everyday that one has a chance to buy one of such a rare BSA. I really would like to give it a try and cross it off the bucket list.
    Any thoughts you can proffer?

2. Yoric

Yoric Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 8, 2005
    Full Name:
    Yoric
    nobody? somebody? anybody? Gee, maybe Gold Stars are not as desirable as I've been led to believe after all.

3. walnut

walnut F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2006
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Rich
  4. Yoric

Yoric Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 8, 2005
    Full Name:
    Yoric
    likely a scammer. By looks alone that example should be worth somewhere in the $20K range.

5. walnut

walnut F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 14, 2006
    Maryland, USA
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Well, there ha have it. As I said, I know next to nothing about these particular bikes but figured it couldn't hurt to try to help. ;)