Ducati launches new lineup extensions | FerrariChat

Ducati launches new lineup extensions

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by GuyIncognito, Nov 17, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I'm beginning to wonder what the market is for some of these bikes :confused:

X Diavel- Low speed excitement. that's their actual marketing line. you mean, "Harley"?

Multistrada 1200 Enduro- because BMW and KTM are lonely.

Multistrada 1200 Pikes Peak- limited edition of above.

959 Panigale- they get a pass here, because the world can't have too many Panigales

Hypermotard- Urban Assault Standard. I kinda like this one.

Scrambler Flat Track- because well.....uhhhh....

Ducati World Première 2016? Live streaming ? Streaming in diretta

video (57 minutes long! :eek:)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfEX124Vod8[/ame]

2. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Sadly, I agree completely.

Mark

3. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Same here. I think the brand is extended itself too broadly.

I curse HD for not acquiring Ducati pre / post TPG (private equity). Could have left it to be the "sporting" division, while allowing an expanded channel for global distribution of cruisers.

Dummies.

4. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    given Harley's handing of both Buell and MV Agusta, I'm glad they didn't buy Ducati. but clearly Audi is playing the "leverage brand equity for short term sales/profits until nobody cares about the brand anymore" game.

maybe they'll sell Ducati as part of the shakeout from DieselGate.

5. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    HD blew it with both Buell and MV, but that was when the last of the "core" administration had retired.

HD had a chance to purchase Ducati way back - I think pre-Jeff Bleustein. They were a much better run company under that group of people and I have no doubt they would have treated Ducati fairly.

Still, I think HD is stupid. Wandell was a joke, not sure Levatich is the right guy. Company reminds me of Cadillac when it was struggling with an aging consumer base. Thankfully, Cadillac did what was necessary.

HD can't EVER make a sporty bike and expect it to be a hit (short of creating a masterpiece - easier said than done). They would be better served with Ducati or MV - but we know how that ended up.

Bad.

6. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    The X Diavel, why did it need to have a belt drive to be considered a cruiser?