Go Back   FerrariChat.com > The Ferrari Lifestyle > Motorcycles & Boats

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2017, 09:55 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Rob
No joke, no sarcasm... why do HD riders wear leather vests? I'm being sincere. I ride Ducati, have owned several other sport bikes and have always been wrapped in abrasion resistant jackets with built in armour. Why do the HD guys wear dangerous head gear and those silly vests?
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-16-2017, 10:02 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Lawrence
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducrob View Post
No joke, no sarcasm... why do HD riders wear leather vests? I'm being sincere. I ride Ducati, have owned several other sport bikes and have always been wrapped in abrasion resistant jackets with built in armour. Why do the HD guys wear dangerous head gear and those silly vests?
Why do HD riders wear those "silly" vests? Perhaps if you attended one of our rides to both honor the fallen military and raise money for their families, and saw over 300 HD riders wearing Marine Leatherneck MC leather vests, along with humdreds of other HD riders wearing leather vests sporting the names of their military branch or police clubs, you would have a better idea. Plus chicks really dig leather vests.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:19 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Rob
Ok, the chick thing I can understand So safe to say the vest is to demonstrate an allegiance or a passion for an organization? Wouldnt it be a lot safer to have those attached to the back of a Kevlar or leather jacket? Again, I'm not trying to be a smart ass and my sister is a cop and dad is ex military.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:33 PM
Five Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Chas
Quote:
Ok, the chick thing I can understand So safe to say the vest is to demonstrate an allegiance or a passion for an organization? Wouldnt it be a lot safer to have those attached to the back of a Kevlar or leather jacket? Again, I'm not trying to be a smart ass and my sister is a cop and dad is ex military.
I think they were safety gear back in the day...think leather football or racing helmets

now they have significance particularly to motorcycle clubs. there's a whole "code of conduct" to the patches, etc.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:17 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
No joke, no sarcasm... why do HD riders wear leather vests?
The outlaw clubs call them colors, and they have very specific meanings. When a gang is wearing colors in public, it is a show of force. Back when I rode, I would always tell my buddies that if someone shows up wearing colors, I'm gone. I don't make a fuss. I just leave as quickly and quietly as I can. Don't buy the bs that these guys are just regular joes who like to ride motorcycles.