Exotic Car Test Drive Day ( a la GDC) Oct14 | FerrariChat

Exotic Car Test Drive Day ( a la GDC) Oct14

Discussion in 'New England' started by DadsFerrari, Sep 25, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    The NY/ Tri state F CHatters have GDC, a sponsor I presume, that offers a lot of events for folks who like exotic cars but don't have the space or time to deal with the complex upkeep etc..

MA and NH also have a few apparently, can anyone vouch for " The Otto Club" and " Premier Auto" ? Some of the websites talk about tiers and nice cars, but some of the pics look like factory cars and not actual cars.

I won't provide all the links, I don't want to break a FC rule, but a one day test drive would be a fun bargain way to try out some cars before they get beat on once the biz gets going. I don't know how the business model works for these fractional ownership type deals, I would be concerned that they would fold and walk with my cash.

http://www.premiercarclub.com/indexinside.cfm?pagelink=main&pid=24&img=testDrive

2. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    yeah i just saw that, total no brainer GDC DCT FTW

Problem is, you can only try 6 out of 8 super exotic cars. I would pay more to try all eight, but I would be insane after only 4. Driving those cars is about as painful as imagining 8 dream dates with supermodels for 30 mins that you will never realistically have a chance for :)
    If I ever own a 6 figure car, it will only be after the depreciation sets in, I refuse to lose tons of cash on car ownership. A 5-10 year old rare exotic is more my cup of tea than the latest and greatest that every prick with cash can afford. Older cars take more effort and heart to maintain, thus a more original and novel car to be seen in.

That said , I wish GDC would add a late 90s Esprit to the fleet.

3. cla_bos

cla_bos Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Charles A.
    FWIW, the president of the Otto Club does post here (Otto-x i believe) on occasion. Additionally, both the Otto Club and Premier were at Tutto Italiano in July - the Otto Club had 5 or 6 of their cars present.

It would be nice if they offered something like the GDC people do...

C

4. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Can you test drive cars on the track? If you have a track incident i assume you just return the bits and have no financial penalty.

5. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    I signed up for the one on www.wcdriving.com which looks almost like the same thing and they are coming to Boston. I'll let you know how it is after Oct 16th which is when I am going.

6. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Oops, never mind. i see it is just basic street driving and it is good that they supervise so the stupid do not overdrive their talent.

7. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Talk about total bull****; I looked into this fraud just to find out they are selling the car THAT I EXPRESSLY TOLD THEM WOULD BE MY PRIMARY INTEREST. Last week the car is in the fleet, I mention how much I like it, and now the car conveniently ends up for sale one day after they insist it will stay in the fleet for a long time. GOODBYE TO THEM!!!!!!

( GDC is not the company in my review- I just mentioned them in the title as a reference. GDC is very reputable from all that I hear)

8. JHZ328

JHZ328 Rookie

Oct 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    John Z
    I participated in the September test drive with Premier Car Club. I had a blast, their team was very professional, cars were immaculate, and the route was awesome- talk about some roads less traveled. I can't say enough, but I know our group really enjoyed it and I have no reservation recommending them....First Class operation!

9. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    wow, turns out the Lotus is being replaced with an even newer Lotus.. I am awestruck at the fact that a new business can make the expenditure, very impressive. :)

10. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Another silver v8, 2003 year btw