Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA East > New England

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Charles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD360 View Post
I realized that I have not heard anyone mention anything about the raffle tickets. [...]
I heard nothing regarding these, though I was wandering all over the site and might have been out of range. When we arrived we were given the numbered paddock parking sheet to display and your card with the enclosed coupons. I subsequently saw the cars doing hot laps, I assumed this was the "paying customers".

They instructed us to be at the car at (I think) 1:30 pm; and we were, but it was just a bunch of us milling around as usual. Maybe this was in order to be ready for the parade? It's all a blur now :-)

And, I should mention it now -- you did a brilliant job on this. Well Done Sir!

Also a thought: Maybe next year we should display our f-chat user names in the windows?

Charles
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 08-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulo rampante View Post

And, I should mention it now -- you did a brilliant job on this. Well Done Sir!

Also a thought: Maybe next year we should display our f-chat user names in the windows?

Charles
Thank you Charles. It means allot to know everyone enjoyed themselves. I really enjoyed the challenge of putting this together

Also thanks for the feedback. It helps to know what we can improve for next year. I will be bringing these to LRP's attention when we speak next.

Thats a good idea about the names on the windshields, I'll put that on the list
Old 08-02-2011, 09:54 AM
F1 Rookie
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Andy
Quote:
Yes, not sure what happened to the historic class. Used to have some 250's and at least 1 333sp running around (although the F40 LM was certainly nice). Also missing a few Enzo's from previous years.

Maybe those owners are not as heavily concentrated in the NE or had conflicting events?

At any rate, it was a great time in the paddock.
Its getting harder and harder to find events where the vintage cars are participating. The photos in this thread show some nice cars but I would agree, this showing is down from previous years. How many challenge cars were there?
Old 08-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Rookie
Non Subscribed

Thanks for posting the clips!

The hot lap tickets were sold up in the area they were selling tee shirts and programs. We actually went around asking and eventually stumbled on them. They called the winner around noon and you had to be at the table to hear your name being pulled. We weren't the lucky winners but it was for a good cause.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 08-02-2011, 10:07 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Lane
I think it was $10 for a ticket. They were being sold across from the Store entrance at a folding table.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:15 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Yes, not sure what happened to the historic class. Used to have some 250's and at least 1 333sp running around (although the F40 LM was certainly nice). Also missing a few Enzo's from previous years.

Maybe those owners are not as heavily concentrated in the NE or had conflicting events?
Actually, there are fairly heavy concentrations of good historic cars in the NE and I don't believe they were at any conflicting events. The issue for Ferrari historics is the heavy handed approach they took with Classiche, pure and simple. Ferrari said they had to approve all the toys in the sandbox, so the owners took the toys and went home or went to other playgrounds. Now the sandbox is just sand.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:07 PM
F1 Rookie
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Andy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ney View Post
Actually, there are fairly heavy concentrations of good historic cars in the NE and I don't believe they were at any conflicting events. The issue for Ferrari historics is the heavy handed approach they took with Classiche, pure and simple. Ferrari said they had to approve all the toys in the sandbox, so the owners took the toys and went home or went to other playgrounds. Now the sandbox is just sand.
Would agree with this assessment. Thinking about cars per square mile, there are probably more classic and "important" Ferraris per square mile in the Northeast than anywhere else in the USA.
Old 08-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Gabriel
If you can excuse the poor writing exercise I've uploaded some of my photos to the link below.

Again- Please Please Please excuse the writing. Im not a blogger and was trying to find a fun way to share some of my photography. The writing is crude and rough though.

I hope you enjoy the photos though

https://gabrielmorley.wordpress.com
Old 04-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Steve (85 308 Owner)
How about 2012? Will we get the same deal?
Old 04-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Formula Junior
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Brett
Hi,
I am working Limerock on putting all the details together. At this point we will have a discount same as last year. They have a dedicated staff member for events this year so I am hopeful some of the bumps that occurred last year will be ironed out.

I will keep this thread updated as the details emerge

Brett
Old 04-25-2012, 06:05 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: HUBBSTER
Great, I'd love to run Lime Rock in my F40
Old 04-25-2012, 10:44 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Steve (85 308 Owner)
Fantastic and thanks much for doing this for us all. This is my favorite event of the season.

It's appreciated!
Non-Sponsor Ads