Anyone ever use Status Ride exotic rental in central MA? | FerrariChat

Anyone ever use Status Ride exotic rental in central MA?

Discussion in 'New England' started by Ray G, May 25, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    Got the itch to use something interesting while my Bentley is being serviced. Any experience from anyone on here?

2. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I live in Grafton, two towns from Worcester. I spend a lot of time there and have never seen or heard of them.
    - Ron

3. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    Speaking of which, have you made it to K.P.'s yet?

4. StatusRide

StatusRide Rookie

Feb 15, 2010
    Worcester MA
    Full Name:
    Michael Clark
    ronfrohock, I'm surprised you haven't heard about us. We are right on Shrewsbury st in Worcester. Anyway, thanks Ray G for renting from us. Im sure you are having a blast. Please let us know if you need anything else.

5. CustomFerrari

CustomFerrari Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Casey B.
    What'd you get Ray? Pix?

6. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    You beat me to it. I was going to post a quick review about you guys. Just so everybody knows I contacted a few rental agencies and Status Ride was by far the most responsive. They have been excellent to deal with. They delivered the 911 convertible to my business on a Saturday. The biggest plus was the AWE tuning exhaust on the car. One of my gripes with Porsche has always been the sound but that exhaust really does the trick and the car was great. After a few days with that I swapped with them and am now driving the Lamborghini Gallardo with the Tubi exhaust that sounds insane. Overall I am very satisfied with Status Ride and would recommend them to anybody.

Now I just need to figure out what to rent next. They have a RR Phantom but being as short and skinny as I am I already get enough overcompensating jokes as it is!!

7. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    No need to wonder when the next major is due. :)

Status Ride on Shrewsbury St in Worcester?

Seriously, I have never seen it. Do they /you have a storefront?

My son works on Shrewsbury St, my Aunt owns a restaurant there and I have family living there.

Hell, I practically live on that Street.

Ive never seen it. Am I that blind?

Next stop - Google.

8. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    I'm assuming for security reasons they keep the signage discreet. It's just to the right of the park. You'll never see the sign from the street.

9. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I found their building. I never knew they were there. Ad I all but live on that street.
    Im going to see about renting a toy for the weekend.
    - Ron

10. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    #10 Ray G, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just an update. Over the past week I have driven the 911 convertible, Gallardo, Mercedes C class, Corvette Convertible and now this beautiful new Maserati GranTurismo. The sound of this Maserati is incredible! The people at Status have been great to deal with.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    #11 Ray G, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. StatusRide

StatusRide Rookie

Feb 15, 2010
    Worcester MA
    Full Name:
    Michael Clark
    Thanks Ray, you have been great to deal with as well. I am glad you enjoyed the cars and our service. It means a lot to us.

13. LSawzin

LSawzin Rookie

Mar 11, 2014
    Does anyone know if Status Ride is still in business? I'm desperately trying to rent my fiance a car for our wedding, as a surprise, but there is NO ONE local...

14. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
    Looks like they are gone. Their Facebook page is gone, telephone numbers don't work and website is gone. Too bad as they were great to deal with.

Gotham Dream Cars in NY will rent to you. They just charge an extra fee to deliver up here. I've used them in the past with good results.

15. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
  16. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
  17. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.

That reminds me, I have to contact them, last fall I was the winner of a silent auction at the local hospital fundraiser, I got a weekend rental and 500 miles from BMSC...just have to pick a date this summer and see what cars are available.

18. NeVette

NeVette Rookie

Apr 5, 2014
    Hi guys .... just surfing around tonight and came across your thread on local rental agencies. Not sure what happened to Status ride - I had met the owner in the fall of last year, and then one day everything was offline ( website, facebook, etc )
    I have rented from Gotham in NJ - the Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 was amazing to drive and an experience I will never forget... I rented the same Lamborghini twice, 6 weeks apart for 3 days each time. =)
    Michael at BMC also seems to have some nice cars .....