2013 ongoing Connecticut gathering | FerrariChat

2013 ongoing Connecticut gathering

Discussion in 'New England' started by Saint Bastage, Jan 1, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    #1 Saint Bastage, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Every Sunday at some point between 8:00am and 12:00pm a group of 2 wheel and 4 wheel sporting enthusiasts meet behind the Starbucks in Glastonbury Connecticut to shoot the breeze, plan trips, tours, cruises, trade secrets, advise, and generally say hello. On occasion our numbers have exceeded 30 cars. 2012 was another fantastic year where 3 tours were planned and enjoyed. It seems each Sunday brings a new face added to our ranks.

Please note that we are a group of friends that appreciate and respect each other and the machines we adore. In addition, we respect the venue we meet in. Expect a very low tolerance for silly actions in and around our gathering. That being said, please feel free to stop in. Invitations are not required as ALL are welcome.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I'll be back this year :)

3. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    This year should be interesting now that we have a flotilla. I expect a few fishing challenges (sobriety challenges really) to add to our possibilities.

4. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I found the new thread. Any idea when ALMS will be this year?

5. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Oh, I just found it, weekend of July 6th.

6. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Happy New Year Everyone!

Here's to a Great Year!!!Cheers.

7. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Hope so, do you just skip the even years? lol :D Good to see you still have the 348...

8. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Ha. No, just the years when I have babies. Two 2 and under was a lot to handle. : )

I'm getting it now. I never knew how inefficient I was before having two kids.

9. Poodie

Poodie Rookie

Feb 10, 2004
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hello!

I just moved to Providence recently, last week. I'm a car enthusiast and want to go to some meets! I parted ways with my Subaru Sti a little while back and picked up a BMW S1000rr motorcycle and a TL and would love to come to a meet on my bike when the weather breaks, once I figure out the best way to ship it here from IN that is...

10. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Crazy idea...who's up for a trip to sunny and warm Fl around Jan 22-27 to check out Cavallino? I was there last year, simply incredible...saw 3 250 GTO's racing on track! And the show at the Breakers is a site to experience. Also the 'disputed' first ever Ferrari produced was there (Not Napolis's, the other one...I'm not taking sides in that dispute!) I'm tempted to head down for a few days...

http://www.cavallino.com/PDF-2012/2013-CC-Schedule.pdf

11. StreamlineGT

StreamlineGT Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    Are you driving?

12. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    With an estimated 5 days, I would plan on flying down Brendon, thats to short of a trip to make by car.

13. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Five Days???? Pffffft. In 1979 I made it from Milford CT to Boca Raton FL in 16 hrs flat. 914 Porsche, 1350 miles IIRC. Switched driving with a buddy and installed a Pioneer supertuner on the way. Had that operating before we got out of NJ. All this was after we closed Charlies Pot Belly Pub. Not going to publicly discuss sobriety. Left at 2:00 am, arrived at the Holiday Inn on A1A at 6:00 pm the next evening.

Ahh...Impetuous youth!

14. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #14 Joe_CT, Jan 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
    I was planning on attending this year, but work commitments are going to prevent me from getting to Palm Beach. So bummed! I believe Frank C. and Rocco were both planning to head down again this year.

15. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Yes flying, sure it was fun driving to FL on spring break...but let's face it, turbines are way faster than pistons!

16. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    almost forgot there was a new thread for the new year. Kept looking at the old one wondering why there weren't any new posts.

17. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Fixed it.

18. Market Mover

Market Mover Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2006
    Glastonbury CT
    ahh a new year. here's to 2013

19. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    2 Alfa's 1 Porsche, 1 Ferrari, and a Cadillac. 5 frozen dudes standing in the parking lot looking for the strongest sun spot to stand in. Still and always fun.

20. 74Dino

74Dino Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 30, 2009
    Sorry to have missed today, especially since there were two Alfa ganging up on the others.

Need a hard-to-find car part? Just scan it and send it to these guys:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aghzpO_UZE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

With the right printer you'll have it in a couple of hours.

21. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
  22. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Very cool indeed...I was actually making similar parts 15 years ago from a machine that used layers of paper and lasers to cut each layer. The finished part was basically a solid block of wood...but dimensions smaller than say 0.25" broke like a twig! There's other companies now that use lasers to sinter metal powder so the finished model is actually metal (many grades possible). Gotta love technology!

23. AbsolutFerrari

AbsolutFerrari Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2009
    Rocky Hill
    Full Name:
    Rick S
    I used to have an SLA at Loctite which is a similar concept. It used lasers to harden an adhesive in layers. I made a few cool parts that I will bring to one of our meets and show you guys. Made a Mustang wheel, cross drilled and slotted rotor, shift knob, few cool parts. The fact that they are doing color now blows my mind.

24. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I have a favor to ask,... Does anyone know of someone that has a Hummer "H1" in CT., and wouldn't mind a 10yr old drooling around it?

My son is hoping to see one. He has seen a few H2's around town, but has never seen an H1 in person.

Thanks for any help!
    Peter

25. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky