RI and Southern MA Cars & Coffee | FerrariChat

RI and Southern MA Cars & Coffee

Discussion in 'New England' started by Dino944, May 1, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #1 Dino944, May 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    We have been meeting for cars and coffee in Taunton, MA for about 2 years. Its largely Porsches & Lotus, but we have also had Jags, Vintage 70s BMWs, Alfas and others join us.

Location: back of the Starbucks Parking Lot, (65 H Taunton Depot Drive, Taunton, MA 02780)

Date: Sunday Starting May 5th, 2013 (we often try to do every other weekend)

Time: 9:30 AM until whenever (which is usually 11 - 11:30)

Location Description: The location is perfect for this type of get together. The traffic is light on Sunday Mornings since most of the stores are still closed. If we get a big draw of cars we can always park at the Circuit City parking lot across the street which has a huge lot and no traffic.

Weather Permitting: Most of us don't mind meeting up on cold or overcast days but rain really spoils this one since we are standing outside. If it's raining or looks like it will assume the GTG is cancelled. We may schedule for the following weekend if there's interest.

This isn't just for Porsches, Ferrari, or Lotus , so if you have friends with other fun cars feel free to invite them or bring them along.

I will try to provide updates so everyone knows when the next GTG will be.

Looking forward to catching up with our regulars and meeting some new car friends too.

Best regards,
    Dino
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. manta147

manta147 Karting

Sep 7, 2006
    seekonk,mass
    Full Name:
    carter petter
    Dino that's great....something close! Won't be able to make this one....still doing my belts but will def hit a few of these over the summer!

3. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Carter,

Yes, its great for those of us in RI & Southern MA to be able to do some car events a bit closer to home, and not always have to make a full day's commitment out of it. We also did a group drive last year on some back roads though RI and into eastern CT. It was a lot of fun. Looking forward to meeting up soon. Wishing you luck on the belts. I just picked up my car from its spring service today...it was a great day for a drive.

Best regards,
    Dino

4. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #4 Dino944, May 5, 2013
    Hi Guys,

Great catching up with a few of our regulars (Noel, Dan, and Neal) and it was great meeting some new people (George, Steve, and Adam). Adam, I'm looking forward to seeing your 328 when its back from its service (apparently a few other Pcar and Fcar owners are waiting for cars to come back from service). Looking forward to our next gathering in a few weeks.

Best regards,
    Dino

Below are a few quick pix.

5. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

Our next meet is Sunday, May 19th. Weather is looking great! Looking forward to catching up with a few more Fchatters.

Best regards,
    Dino

6. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #6 Dino944, May 19, 2013
    Hi Guys,

Glad a few of our regulars could make it (Dan & Frank), and it was great meeting some new people, Bob, Alex, and Ken. I didn't bring my 328 this week so this week it was almost all Porsches except for an Esprit, but a nice gathering. Hope to see some local Fchatters at future meets.

Best regards,
    Dino
    below are a few quick pix from today

7. manta147

manta147 Karting

Sep 7, 2006
    seekonk,mass
    Full Name:
    carter petter
    Dino,providing nothing else goes wrong,I should have mine back together for the next one.Looking forward to meeting a few new folks.

8. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    No worries, looking forward to meeting up soon. Even if your car isn't ready for the next one, feel free to come out and meet us.

Best regards,
    Dino

9. CustomFerrari

CustomFerrari Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2008
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Casey B.
    I will definitely try to stop by over the next month or so.

10. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

Our next meet is Sunday, June 2nd. Looking forward to catching up soon!

Best regards,
    Dino

11. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I'm staying at my parents in Cranston this weekend thought it would be fun to check out a local meet. Is this on route 6 in taunton?

12. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Rob,

Rt 6 doesn't go through Taunton. From Cranston I'd probably go (95N to 195E) and then pick up 24N and then take exit 12B Taunton. PM me if you have other questions on how to get there, its really easy.

Hope to catch up soon.

Best regards,
    Dino

13. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Dino are you bringing your 328?

14. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Yes, probably taking the 328, although I need to stop off and get fuel first.

15. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I really enjoyed meeting and hanging out with you guys this morning it was a lot of fun!

16. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #16 Dino944, Jun 2, 2013
    Hi Rob,

Glad you could make it today. Hope you will join us again the next time you are in the area. Another 328GTS showed up after you left. It was an 86 Euro so it was interesting to see the differences between it and the 89, and the differences between the Euro/gray market vs. US spec. Also maybe the next time there will be some British cars attending, today our Lotus friends were away at British car show in CT.

As always, it was great catching up with our regulars and meeting a few new people. Below are a few quick pix from today, I don't think I got everyone's cars in the photos, but its just what I had time to take between chatting with everyone. Next C&C is June 30th.
    Best regards,
    Dino

17. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I would of liked to study the differences between the euro and the U.S. 328's. In looking at the photos I notice the 86 has euro side mirrors but it doesn't have the round side markers like the euro 308's have or the split louvers on the bonnet like the euro 308's have which I believe has to do with the fact that the euro cars don't have cats.

18. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick reminder our next meet is Sunday June 30th. Keeping my fingers cross for some nice weather.

Best regards,
    Dino

19. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

The forecast for tomorrow isn't looking good, so we're canceling it. Next meet will be on 7/14. See you guys then.

Best regards,
    Dino

20. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick reminder, our next meet is this coming Sunday, 7/14.

See you there.
    Best regards,
    Dino

21. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #21 Dino944, Jul 14, 2013
    Hey Guys,

Looks like we lucked out with some great weather. Dan, Mike, Ryan, Frank, and Ken great catching up with you. Also had a blast meeting some new people there Steve, Mike 2 & his wife, John, Chee, and Kevin. BTW, Kevin...love the wheels on your 991!

Sadly a few of our Lotus attendees were car-less due to some mishaps. Hopefully, the cars will be fixed and on the road again soon.

Ken...fantastic E-Type! Thanks for bringing her...hope you had a great drive back. She fired up right away...dispelling all those myths about British sports cars not starting...well almost Again great car!!!

Our next meet is July 28th!

Best regards,
    Dino

A few pix from today...

22. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #22 Dino944, Jul 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
    Hi Guys,

We're canceling today's meet. Its been raining and I still have drizzle where I am. I just don't see the weather clearing or the roads drying out in time. I hope some of you will have better weather later in the day and you get to drive your cars.

Next Sunday is Tutto Italiano, at Larz Anderson/Brookline so our next meet will be on 8/11.

Best regards,
    Dino

23. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

Just a reminder our next meet is this Sunday 8/11.
    See you guys there.

Best regards,
    Dino

24. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #24 Dino944, Aug 12, 2013
  25. wberner

wberner Karting

Aug 17, 2010
    MA
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Dino,
    How late in the season do you guys meet down there? I will be traveling for the next few weeks, but would love an opportunity to swing by one Sunday morning.

Wade