Caffeine & Carburetors New Canaan,CT Nov 3rd | FerrariChat

Caffeine & Carburetors New Canaan,CT Nov 3rd

Discussion in 'New England' started by JRP, Oct 28, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JRP

JRP Karting
    BANNED

Jun 21, 2012
    Upstate NY
    Weather looks to be bit chilly but there's usually a good turnout for the final Caffeine & Carburetors of the year.

Caffeine & Carburetors at Zumbach?s Gourmet Coffee - Jordan Polizzi Photography

Taken from the recent email:

2. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    The last end of season stop at Bernard's in the parking lot a few years ago was actually a lot of fun, helped by beautiful fall weather. Same for the cider and soup at the Ridgefield Theater a year or two ago.

Since both of those earlier events were free IIRC (the Bernard's might have had a small charge), I'm assuming that this event, if they do it, will be a little more elaborate.

3. Ashman

Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Absolutely stunning and unbelievable turnout despite chilly weather this morning! Probably 500 cars spread all along the street and tucked behind office buildings and in adjacent parking lots all around New Canaan, thanks to a Cars and Coffee group from Yorktown that caravaned 100 or so of their cars down for the finale of the season.

As always, lots of regulars but plenty of never seen before cars as well as an incredible diversity, from rat rods to modern exotics to classics (a Lincoln Continental V12 was a nice one) to numerous Ferraris of vintages from the 60's to modern day to a modified stock car racer to a Chevy Vega with a big mill and nitrous to Indian motorcycles, a Saleen S7, at least a couple of McLarens, at least two Mercedes SLS McLarens, a new C7 Corvette, lots of LBCs, Lancias and assorted Etceterinis, an MGB with a Mazda (!) rotary engine, Alfas of many descriptions, 50+ Porsches of all types, and on and on. I even saw an Alfa Giulia and a GTA, both race prepped, sitting in the garage underneath the New Canaan Racquet Club.

4. JRP

JRP Karting
    BANNED

Jun 21, 2012
    Upstate NY
    Sounds awesome do you have any pics? The cold weather kept me in NY. Didn't want to risk a 4 hour ride down if nobody showed up.

5. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    #5 davem, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    #6 guygowrie, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Ashman

Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Here are some photos of the November 3 event posted by the organizers. A real nice C&C fix for the middle of January while waiting for April!

C&C 11/3/13 edit - a set on Flickr

8. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    Dates for this year as below, with first one this weekend. They are expanding and closing off the main shopping street as well.

Caffeine & Carburetors ? The official website

April 6
    May 4
    June 15
    September 7
    October 5
    November 2

9. Ashman

Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    For those of you have been attending these events, you probably have noticed that the increased number of cars has resulted in a lot of the Ferraris being scattered around instead of mostly in one location like they were not too long ago.

After last month's blow out attendance record of over 700 cars and the expansion of the venue up on to New Canaan's Elm Street, the next C&C on this Sunday, May 4, is going to gather all of the Ferraris together on Elm Street and they are calling for an especially big turnout of our beloved F-Cars:

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Ferraris-on-Elm--Sunday.html?soid=1102292282073&aid=h9AGpp7SWqk

10. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    Surprisingly nice day at New Canaan c+c on Saturday.

I am biased but there were 3 GT4's at the weekend c+c that I saw - my Silver/boxer, a dark silver and a red one as far as I saw. Always like a good Gt4 turnout.

A very nice silver Boxer, an F40. A very nice sounding 456 rumbled by too.

They asked all the Ferraris to head up to Elm st. Guess next time they will do Porsche as there are stacks of them hidden away down in the parking off Pine street (the main location).

I didnt take any photos as I was keeping track of my son. Anyone take some photos?

Guy