First Ferrari | FerrariChat

First Ferrari

Discussion in 'New England' started by GoFlamesGo, Jan 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GoFlamesGo

GoFlamesGo Rookie

Dec 14, 2013
    New England
    Hi guys I was referred here from another section on the boards. I'm new to the boards here, and super excited to join in the setting of living out the childhood dream in just buying my first Ferrari. The car is an 07 430 MT 12k miles I got from the Ferrari dealership. I worked in NYC the last 12 years but now after moving to suburbia in NH, I'm finally back on the road again more consistently. The last sports car I owned was a 97 Supra Turbo (sold it 11 years ago, was hard to let that one go). I was adamant about the MT, I can see DCT is an ever-improving technology, and it will always be available to buy in the future- but this is a car I'm hoping to keep forever.

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone here in the NE area is or has been a part of any sports car clubs, or how they go about getting their cars on a track. I don't want to mess the car, myself, or anyone else up on public roads and as appetizing as the winding back roads are here in NH, I'd rather try to learn how to really drive this machine in a controlled setting. I know there is both a NH and a NE sports car club, anyone have any experience with these? Any other sports car clubs worth joining or how do you all like to enjoy your cars? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I'd love to hear any personal stories about the first time you drove a Ferrari you owned. I'm having the car stored at the dealer until April (or whenever the weather clears) but needless to say I can't wait. I'd be curious to hear how you guys took your first drives...

2. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    Welcome aboard !!

Your best bet for learning what your car can do would be to do some open track days with a HPDE group, either at Lime Rock CT or Watkins Glen, NY.

Some groups may require you to be a member, but most do not. And most two day schools run about $400 to $500 with an instructor for novice drivers and some class room time inbetween run groups.

3. steve@amne

steve@amne Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2007
    Norwood, MA
    Full Name:
    Steve O
    Welcome to the Ferrari family and New England!
    Hope you enjoy the F430 and driving those great back roads in NH

Best,
    Steve

4. vaporhat

vaporhat Rookie

Jul 31, 2006
    welcome! I recently picked up a 430 too. I haven't pulled mine out on the track yet myself but intend to next year. Until then, I hardly push the car because I am not willing to find the limits on the road.

However I am still enjoying it.

The end of winter can't come fast enough (as I glance over at my garage camera).

5. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Welcome to the new members.
    Go, I also had a 97 Supra Turbo. Great car.....
    As summer approaches, you guys will find that there are a bunch of activities. Cars and Coffee, shows and a number of group drives. Then there are events at Limerock and Watkins and various other local venues.
    Great group of guys here and lots of Ferrari enthusiasm and knowledge.
    I look forward to meeting you both and seeing your new cars.
    - Ron Frohock