Ferrari appraiser | FerrariChat

Ferrari appraiser

Discussion in 'New England' started by Falcon, Mar 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    Can anyone recommend an appraiser for a 328GTS. I need one for insurance purposes. I think the value of this vehicle has increased beyond book value. It takes some time for the books to catch up.

2. icecar-1

icecar-1 Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2008
    Topsfield/Danvers Ma
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Call Tom Mannetta at Auto Appraisal Network. 978-852-3988. He has done all my cars including my 328s. Very knowledgeable on classics and such.
    He is out of Beverly Mass.

Steve

3. TheGreat348

TheGreat348 Karting

Jul 15, 2008
    If you are in Hartford....Wayne Carini (F40 Motorsports) is a 10 minute ride from you. Hop on 91 South to RTE 9 South and bear right over the Portland bridge and he's about 1.5 miles up on the left.

4. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    I know Wayne. He does appraisals?

5. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    Thank you.

6. StreamlineGT

StreamlineGT Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    I'm surprised you don't have a policy with an agreed value.

7. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    It's just insured with my other cars. I would get book value which I believe may be lagging the market. I'm concerned with the recent increase in prices I might be under insured.

8. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
  9. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    #9 UConn Husky, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
    Yes, I did mine on agreed value...which I should revisit as I agree the value has dropped since I first bought it...

10. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Jay if there isn't a significant drop in the premium wouldn't you want to be covered to get your initial investment back? God forbid something should happen.

11. TheGreat348

TheGreat348 Karting

Jul 15, 2008
    I can't see how he couldn't. Isn't he supposed to be one of the hottest buyers right now or is it just the TV show? I would think he knows the going price better than anybody. I would give him a call at the very least. AVI is the only way to go.

12. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    I doubt Wayne is a certified auto appraiser. Could be, but just cause he deals it doesn't follow. Of course, he's only a phone call away. He currently has a steel 77 GTB with 36k miles for sale for $68.5K. I'm thinking you would have a hard time convincing an insurance company it's worth that. The fact that it's been for sale since fall seems to suggest it's over priced as well.

13. TheGreat348

TheGreat348 Karting

Jul 15, 2008
    Agreed and yet another reason why you would want to go with an AVI policy. Almost all of F40's cars are overpriced from the 7 years that I have been looking.

I wouldn't bother with an appraiser...unless the insurance company will assign one to come out to you and look over the car.

14. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    They had a red car for a similar amount which sold. Is the silver car a recent offering? I recall the red car being offered since the fall. Am I wrong?

15. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Down remember a recent red for those $$s. There was a low mileage red 77 but I don't recall the price. Though that was before last summer though. I remember looking at it. The silver arrived late last fall as I recall. I meant to stop by and ask Mike why they thought it was worth that kind of money. Looks like it might have been restored, at least a repaint and maybe partial interior???

16. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    Does anyone have an appraiser closer than Boston?

17. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Yes.

Okay I suppose that you want a more detailed answer. I've used Bill Bedell at Associated Consultants, Inc. (ACI) in East Longmeadow MA a couple of times. The first time he came to the office in Enfield to appraise the F355 and the second time he traveled out to the farm on a Saturday morning to appraise the Maranello. He even braved the Brimfield Antique Show traffic to get here.

Thorough and accurate. Bottom line - I would hire him again.

[email protected]

- Ed -

18. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    Thank you Ed. I'll contact him today.

19. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
  20. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    I finally got the appraisal and an agreed value policy from my insurance agent. Policy said "show car" so I inquired if that meant there are restrictions. Yes there are. Show car insurance is only for going to or from a show or pleasure drives. You can't leave the car unattended. Get in an accident on the way to work and you have to explain where the car show was at 7am on a Tuesday morning. Take the car to a restaurant and when you come out its gone? To bad, you left the car unattended. All the agreed upon policies are for show cars. My car is a Real Car and I'm keeping my regular policy.

21. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Dean, your car is famous,
    Don't forget to increase the value due to being rented by a raccoon for two nights!
    You going tomorrow?