Lug Nut re-plating | FerrariChat

Lug Nut re-plating

Discussion in 'New England' started by Intheflesh, Mar 28, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Intheflesh

Intheflesh Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Salem NH
    Full Name:
    John T
    Hi all, It's been a while since last posting.

Last fall AMNE did a wonderful job doing the major service on my car, along with some cosmetic fixes. One of which being my wheels. They look brand new, but unfortunately the same can't be said for my lugs nuts. Half are chrome plated, half are silver painted, all of them chipped, bubbling, and rusted.

Can you recommend any placed in the area that would be able to clean, prep and re-plate my lugs?

Thanks in advance.

2. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    John,

I was waiting for someone else to step up because my answer to this problem is less than the info you've requested.

When I replaced the wheels on my 348, I needed different length bolts. I found what I was looking for inexpensively at EZAccessory | Wheel Adapters, Suspension Parts, Lug Nuts & More . Not equivalent in quality and strength as the original Ferrari supplied hardware but definitely acceptable.

Another choice of the more expensive nature might be replacement bolts from Hill Engineering. Beyond that, any local plating shop could probably set you up just fine with a fresh dip of yours.

3. steve@amne

steve@amne Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2007
    Norwood, MA
    Full Name:
    Steve O
    Hey Johnny... I'll get a price my chrome guy but it might be cheaper to buy new. We just replaced a few on a 599 and was surprised that the price dropped. Ill check on 355 bolts tomorrow

Call me
    Steve