Southern MA & RI Cars & Coffee 2014 | FerrariChat

Southern MA & RI Cars & Coffee 2014

Discussion in 'New England' started by Dino944, Apr 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #1 Dino944, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Cars & Coffee Taunton, MA 2014.

Well its approaching that time of year when nice cars are coming out of hibernation. So its time to post a new thread for C&C.

Feel free to extend the invitation to friends, family and other car nuts (doesn't matter what make). Preference is to keep things low key so we don't attract unwanted attention.

Location: Starbucks Parking Lot (toward the back), Taunton, MA (65 H Taunton Depot Drive, Taunton, MA 02780)

Date: Every other Sunday (Weather Permitting) Starting May 4, 2014.
    Exception during June we will only be meeting on June 8th and June 29th, as there are other car events that some of our regulars may want to attend. In July will resume every other weekend.

Time: 9:30 AM until whenever

Location Description: The location is perfect for this type of get together. The traffic is light on Sunday Mornings since most of the stores are still closed. We often get people that will stop by to look at the cars and ask questions and we have never had any bad experiences. Local patrols also leave us alone which is nice. If we get a big draw of cars we can always park at the Circuit City parking lot across the street which has a huge lot and no traffic.

Weather Permitting: Most of us don't mind meeting up on cold or overcast days but rain really spoils this one since we are standing outside. If it's raining or looks like it will assume the GTG is cancelled. We may schedule for the following weekend if there's interest.

This isn't just for Porsches, Lotus, and Ferraris so as mentioned earlier if you have friends with other fun cars feel free to invite them or bring them along.

I will try to provide updates & reminders so everyone knows when the next GTG will be.

Looking forward to catching up with our regulars and meeting some new car friends too.

Best regards,
    Dino

Below are a few pix from last season.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I was even allowed to show up with my HONDA last year! Hope to make another one this season Dino I enjoyed meeting and talking with you guys last year.

3. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Rob,

Great hearing from you. Thanks for the kind words. If you find yourself in the area, you should definitely stop by to catch up with us. Some of the guys picked up new rides since last year so there is new stuff to see and chat about. Hope you are well and that you are having fun searching for your next sports car.

Best regards,
    Dino

4. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Hey Dino. I'll be there with a couple of friends. Forecast is for a dry morning so we should be good to go. Capn Billy gonna make it? Looking forward to catching up with you.

5. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Kenny,

I'll keep my fingers crossed for good weather Sunday morning. Billy is away on vacation. I saw him a few weeks ago he's doing great. My Fcar is going in for service and needs a new battery (I should have it back for the next one), so this Sunday Jill and I will be there in her Pcar, a new 981 Cayman S. Hope all is good with you. Looking forward to catching up.

Best regards,
    Dino

6. rkljr

rkljr Formula Junior

May 16, 2011
    South of Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Richard
    How late were you guys there? I was going to swing by but I did not want to get there after everyone left.

7. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #7 Dino944, May 5, 2014
    Hi Guys,

Great first meet of the season. Plenty of new faces and cars, Andrew, Brad, Don, Howard, Kenny L, Steven MB SL, etc. As always it was great catching up with some faces from the past, Dan, Charlie, Alex, Ken, Steve 930, Steve 981S, Raoul, Eduardo, and anyone else I may have missed in this post. If we continue to get more new folks, I may have to invest in name tags. Also great to see several ladies joining us today! I usually try to post when my wife, will be there in case someone is bringing a wife for the ride who isn't really into cars. Thanks for a great start to the season.

I am currently working on plans for a drive (another attendee and I plan to drive and scout the roads next Saturday)...and I project our Taunton C&C group drive will probably be at the end of June or maybe early July so stay tuned.

Below are some pix. Sorry if not everyone's names or cars got mentioned or photographed, but if you continue to join us I'm sure at some point you will earn those dubious distinctions.

Current date for our next meet is May 18th, (but it could get bumped, so stay tuned). I also hope to have my Fcar ready for that date.

Best regards,
    Dino

8. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Richard we were there until about 11:30 +/-. However, end times vary.

9. rkljr

rkljr Formula Junior

May 16, 2011
    South of Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Looks like a good turnout! I should have come by as I would have arrived around 10:30. Next time.

10. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

just a quick reminder our next meet is this coming Sunday, May 18th. Lets hope for some nice weather.

Best regards,
    Dino

11. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Got my F car back & she is ready for tomorrow. I'm expecting some Lotus & Porsche peeps tomorrow. Hope a few F cars come out to join us too. See you there.

Best regards,
    Dino

12. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #12 Dino944, May 18, 2014
    Wow, we really lucked out with amazing weather, and another great turn out. Looks like for the first time the Porsches were outnumbered by Lotus. Anyway, as usual great catching up with our regulars, Ryan, Ken (Yellow 997), Ken (Gray 997), Steve (981S), Raoul (White Elise), Noel (orange Elise), Chee (yellow Elise), and Frank (Esprit). Also want to thank and welcome the newbies, Chris & Sara (Orange Evora), Rob (C7 Corvette), Tony (Ferrari California), Nick (Silver Evora), Rick (Viper), also the owners of the 911/965 Turbo and 944....I'm terrible with names and I know I've missed a bunch of you, sorry. Anyway, it was a great day and I hope everyone had fun. Sorry didn't get photos of all the cars but there are a few posted below.

With British By the Sea and the Greenwich Concours falling on 6/1, we will NOT meet on 6/1. Stay tuned for the date of the next meet.
    Best regards,
    Dino

This was Frank in his Turbo Esprit following our Fcar into a corner as we were heading to the meet this morning. Jill took this picture using her side view mirror.

13. Tonuse

Tonuse Rookie

Oct 3, 2013
    Great meeting you today, Dean...should be a great season!!

Really had a lot of fun...some beautiful cars, and perfect weather!!

14. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Tony, it was a pleasure meeting you and Dave today. Glad you had a good time. We couldn't have asked for better weather for today's meet. Nothing like sunshine, great cars, and nice people.

I look forward to catching up with you again soon. Cheers!

15. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hey Guys,

Our next meet is this coming Sunday, 6/8. Looking forward to catching up soon.

Best regards,
    Dino

16. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #16 Dino944, Jun 9, 2014
    Just a few pix from our meet yesterday. Glad to chat with some of our regulars and meet some new people two. Jim, that Esprit S4S looks fantastic. Also nice that a few guys brought their wives to this meet.

This coming weekend is German Car Day at Larz and the following weekend is British Car Day at Larz so our next meet will be 6/29.

See you guys there.
    Best regards,
    Dino

Sorry didn't get as many pix this time.

17. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Just a quick reminder our next meet is this coming Sunday, June 29th. See you guys there.

Best regards,
    Dino

18. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #18 Dino944, Jul 1, 2014
    Hey Guys,

Again we lucked out with fantastic weather and a really nice turn out. Nice to see Gray 997S Ken and green Lotus Elise Rose again, along with our usual suspects, Ryan, Alex, Frank, Noel, and a few of our more recent additions Jim, Lainey, Rick, Rob, Erick, Keith, Bob, and Steven....and anyone else who's name escapes me at the moment. Below are a few pix. I had a great drive back sharing the roads with Frank's Lotus Esprit and then a Maserati Quattroporte was hanging on my back bumper for a while. My wife got a few pix using my side view mirror hope you enjoy the pix.

Our next meet will be on July 13th.

Best regards,
    Dino

19. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick reminder our next meet is this Sunday, July 13th. Lets hope for some nice weather. See you there.

Best regards,
    Dino

20. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    Dino so it is running every weekend now?

21. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #21 Dino944, Jul 14, 2014
    Hi DDD,

We usually meet every other Sunday (depending on the weather). We just met yesterday, so our next meet will be on Sunday July 27th.

Below are just a few pix from yesterday (sorry if anyone's cars didn't make it into the pix). We had several new Porsche and BMW attendees so that was where the focus of the photos went. Several of our Lotus folks were out of town.

To our regulars Dan, Mike, Steve, Ken, Don, Rob, Raoul, (and anyone I may have accidentally skipped it was fun chatting), and it was also nice meeting some of the new folks Connie, Bee, Ray, Ed, and Bill, and anyone else who's name escapes (sorry I know I left a few people out...I'm terrible with names so forgive me).
    Anyway, hope to catch up soon.

Best regards,
    Dino

22. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #22 Dino944, Jul 21, 2014
  23. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

The weather isn't looking very good for tomorrow morning, with a better than 50% chance of thunderstorms passing through Taunton from 7-9am and then through my area from 10-11. So with potential for a very small turn out, I'm canceling tomorrow's C&C.

Next Sunday 8/3 is Tutto Italiano at Larz Anderson, so our next meet will be Sunday, August 17th.
    Have a great weekend,
    Dino

24. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Just a quick reminder our next meet is this coming Sunday, August 17th. Let's hope for some nice weather.

Best regards,
    Dino