Importation Advice | FerrariChat

Importation Advice

Discussion in 'New England' started by Peter Tabmow, Jul 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Peter Tabmow

Peter Tabmow Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2010
    I'm planning to import a 1971 Fiat Dino Coupe to Massachusetts. I think I have a grip on the federal requirements, but would be most grateful for any advice local FChatters may care to dispense regarding registration of the car in Massachusetts.

I'd also be interested in any recommendations for UK-to-US shippers, especially companies which might be able to land the car closer to Boston than New York...

2. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I'm going through this now but for a car imported from Canada.
    I went down to the Watertown RMV to see what I needed because the website is useless:
    - ORIGINAL Bill of sale which has vehicle details (make, model, S/N or VIN, color, etc. etc.), name and addresses seller and buyer, sale amount, date.
    - ORIGINAL title from where the car came from.
    - RMV1 form with insurance stamp
    - All the documentation from customs (entry summary 7501 in my case). I'm assuming you're using a broker in which case the CBP will send the documents to you directly in 2-4 weeks after import.

The car is over 25 years old so you should be exempt (mine wasn't so had to get a manufacturers letter stating it was USA compliant).
    good luck, it's a process!
    Andrew

3. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Look up a place called JK Technologies in Hampden, MD. They are the country's leading RI (registered importer) and converter. I've done quite a bit of business with them over the years ( I used to finance the importation of gray market Mercedes ). Ask for Lois or Jonathan. Good luck. Best

Mike