Anyone know of a Indy or dealer for a PPI in Cheshire,Ct? | FerrariChat

Anyone know of a Indy or dealer for a PPI in Cheshire,Ct?

Discussion in 'New England' started by dogdoc97, Aug 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    I know this is near New Haven I believe,there is a 400 for sale there, thanks, Doc

2. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    I don't but PM FChatter CCALO, I believe he resides near Cheshire. I'm going to use a shop in New Milford when I need one, not very close to Cheshire. Cheshire is about as close to Hartford as New Haven so there must be someone in that area, though better chance down the line near the Southwest coast...

3. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
  4. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    there are a few independents in the "area", most are active and advertise in FCA

for a "personal recommendation" (i.e. people I know are good and reputable), Lee Stayton at Miller Motorcars in Greenwich (dealer) - he is a guru on the "older vintages" and Tommy Passalacqua at P1 Motorcars in Stamford.

Both know their stuff and are among the best around

good luck

5. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
  6. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Redline Restorations in Bridgeport.
    I was iffy with these guys in years past. However, a friend and fellow Lchatter brought his Countach there for a long standing ignition problem. Cars runs great now.
    Then after that, they came on board as a sponsor of the Concorso. After the show, I had the absolute pleasure of visiting their shop to see for myself the operation.
    I would be ok bringing any of my cars there if needed.

7. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    The seller is not keen on driving an hour which is both Bill Pollard's place in Gaylordsville and the other one in New Milford, is Greenwich any closer or Stamford?thanks, Doc

8. GaryR

GaryR Formula 3

Dec 11, 2006
    Valencia, Spain
    Full Name:
    Gary R.
    Stamford is farther than both, Greenwich farther than Stamford

9. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    You can probably arrange a flatbed to either P1 or Miller (Stamford or Greenwich). Both shops have flatbeds and do pickup/dropoff for service customers. They might charge, but a (real)(full) PPI by a (real) expert is a few hours of labor ($), they may give you a break on the transport.

I am no expert on older Ferraris, what I would do is scrutinize every bit of an older car with a set of experienced, qualified eyes. It may cost you to do it, but it might save you 10x in heartbreak later. The seller should be willing to accommodate that, else I'd see it as a yellow flag on the car and deal.

Just my $0.02. Good luck

10. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    I agree. It's silliness for seller not to allow an exotic transport to your preferred shop. If he feels better he can follow the transport. If not, I would move on. Years ago, I did a PPI on a 330, I paid about 1,200 to my preferred shop and witnessed the inspection. The PPI was nearly 2,000 and it was all worth the expense.

11. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Will do, Doc