Caffeine & Carburetors Waveny Park October 19th | FerrariChat

Caffeine & Carburetors Waveny Park October 19th

Discussion in 'New England' started by JRP, Oct 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Will be there with my Mondial coupe. Have never been to the park before. Any idea how many cars it can handle?

2. JRP

JRP Karting
    BANNED

Jun 21, 2012
    Upstate NY
    I've never been and its tough to say because there's a lot of tree coverage on google maps. If cars are allowed on the grass than it looks like it will hold a pretty good amount.

3. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
    I didnt read which way they want us to come in but coming in from the South Avenue entrance you wind through trees and as you come up the hill on the left there is the main parking in front of the big house, several different bays heading down a sloping hill side. I am guessing (pure guess) 150 cars there. On right hand side as you come in, straight opposite the main house, there is an l-shaped gravel carpark next to the sport fields with 50-100 cars if they line up cars in the middle too.

Immediately past these two parking lots there is space in between the trees on the right on the grass. Every SUV driving mom doing sports drops offs parks there, the only problem is a low exotic might beach! Hopefully some town official is not blocking access to that because it is never otherwise blocked. You could get a nice line of 30-40 cars down that hill.

Then continuing down, the road forks and if you go right, past the dog yard on the left, there is more parking, and its really just a pleasant 2 minute walk back to the main house - another 50-75 cars?

Ideally they would open up the grass in front and to the side of the house, maybe thats the plan, but the town has been very fussy and unsupportive of this event so I wouldnt be surprised if thats not the case.

The park is the highest point and can be breezy and cool - bring a windbreaker.

4. izaacbrook

izaacbrook Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Izaac Brook
    Looking forward to it, it's always a great turnout! Can't wait to check out the new location

5. izaacbrook

izaacbrook Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Izaac Brook
  6. guygowrie

guygowrie Formula 3

Sep 19, 2011
    ct
    Full Name:
    guy s
  7. JRP

JRP Karting
    BANNED

Jun 21, 2012
    Upstate NY
    Absolutely. PM me your email address and I'll send it over when I get home.

8. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
  9. Rivitography

Rivitography Rookie

Nov 2, 2013
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    #11 Rivitography, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Great show, and I agree, it's always fun going to as you see cars there they you see every meet, brand new to the meet, cars you haven't seen in years, and cars you haven't seen ever. For example, I saw an orange and black Mustang Fastback that I haven't seen in two years there. On top of that, I keep a license plate log of all the cars I've seen, and let me tell you, there were A LOT of cars there I have never seen before. Hopefully I can go in November. Attached is a pic of the Mustang from when I last saw it (which was at the 2012 Pound Ridge Car Show) and a pic of it from Sunday.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. ET550

ET550 Karting

Aug 26, 2004
    CT
    Unfortunately November date has been cancelled. Last week was the final show of the season.

11. Rivitography

Rivitography Rookie

Nov 2, 2013
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Yeah I saw that, I'm really mad that happened. It was because of something with not being able to get a permit. I think the neighbors are complaining about it because, no matter how many times they tell people NOT to release all the Co2 from their exhaust, they do it anyways and floor it up the hill (but honestly how can you resist that?)