F355 berlineta PPI in Massachusetts | FerrariChat

F355 berlineta PPI in Massachusetts

Discussion in 'New England' started by Kevgentile, Nov 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kevgentile

Kevgentile Rookie

Nov 14, 2014
    #1 Kevgentile, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    Hello from Maryland, I'm interested in the 355 being sold through Veracka Motors in Brockton Massachusetts. id like to proceed with a thorough PPI and it appears as though IFS is located within 10 mins of the dealer in South Easton Massachusetts. Has anyone any experience with IFS and not hesitate to have an inspection performed through them? There's a lot a paperwork to solidify it as a mechanically sound car. There is some questions regarding possible paintwork and chassis damage.
    Thanks all!

2. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I had very limited experience with them and ended up, at that time, continuing to have my car serviced at Ferrari of New England with great results.
    Currently I have my car serviced by Auston Martin New England because most of the guys from FofNE work there. Steve Olford is the service manager there and he is very well qualified and experienced. I would give him a call.
    - Ron Frohock

3. Kevgentile

Kevgentile Rookie

Nov 14, 2014
    Hi Ron, thanks for the advice. I actually have contacted Steve regarding this car because they performed the most recent major service to the car. Just waiting to hear back from him.

4. Kevgentile

Kevgentile Rookie

Nov 14, 2014
    I know a few other members have had a ppi done on this car and walked away. Was hoping to get they're impression but haven't heard back yet.

5. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Full repaint - talked to the dealer and he seemed like a nice guy, and a straight shooter.

6. Kevgentile

Kevgentile Rookie

Nov 14, 2014
    Thank you for the info ask328. Any reason given for the respray? I contacted the dealer but wasnt given much beyond the service history after 15k miles

7. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Huge waving red flag right there. Also I'll add that dealer in its location in Brockton is not known for selling quality, no story fcars and such. They're better known for selling Nissan Altimas which they advertise on the same page as the 355.
    With cars like these at a dealer of this type there's a high probability they are storied cars that the better dealers won't touch.
    However, if you're interested in getting it to IFS, you won't find a better a indie shop out there. I'll bet a coke Steve's response will get that idea out of your head. :)

8. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Went and put some eyes on the car for the OP. Not impressed by its condition.

9. Kevgentile

Kevgentile Rookie

Nov 14, 2014
    A big thanks to Dean for all his help, and to everyone else that chimed in.

10. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Tell us about it.

11. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi John,

I sent the would be buyer more detailed info on what I saw. I don't want to anger the sellers, as they were pleasant and straightforward about the respray. It has classic sticky interior bits (not unusual), but I'm guessing the respray was a long time ago as the paint condition left me rather disappointed. I'm really a stickler for condition so maybe I'm just too picky. If anyone wants more details, they can PM me.

Cheers!

12. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I have dealt with Veracka a couple times as I work 10 minutes from them. I dislike the owner/manager, or whoever the "big shot" was when I was looking at buying a car there. Very rude, and a total sleezeball salesman type. This was a couple years ago though, not sure if any faces have changed since.

If your from Maryland, your obviously looking at cars from far away, I'd think there are better cars out there.

13. sam231

sam231 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2004
    RI
    Back to the original question - John Tirrell at IFS is more than qualified to do a PPI for you. I speak from experience. He worked with me on the purchase of two vintage Ferraris and was spot on when it came to what they needed. IFS not only services older cars but also modern cars too. Besides all street models, he and his team also work on race cars and maintains a group of Challenge cars from 355s on up.

I have to admit I am biased because he is a good friend. I store my C/4 there over the winter and he repairs whatever we decide needs to be fixed.

14. Borca

Borca Rookie

Jan 7, 2012
    CT
    Full Name:
    PLM
    I rarely post on this forum, but enjoy the education. However I can't refrain from extending my profound support of John Tirrell at IFS for anything Ferrari. Class act and a wonderful man.

15. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    John Tirrell a life long Ferrari Master knows more than many is an honest straight shooter would not buy a car without having him look at it. Kevgentile what is the update?

16. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Agreed, John and the guys at IFS have done a great job taking care of my car for many years. He is a great choice for anyone considering a PPI.