Gaston Andrey Plate Frame | FerrariChat

Gaston Andrey Plate Frame

Discussion in 'New England' started by Robb, Nov 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Anyone have a license plate frame from Gaston Andrey Ferrari - from Boston?

Looking to add one to my F355 since it was delivered there new.

Happy to return the favor.

Robb

2. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Any one in the regional forum with a car delivered by Gaston Andrey?

Curious about original window stickers on any model as well. Got a lead on a plate frame. Thanks Ken K!

Robb

3. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I got in touch with Roger Andre today and got some great information on my car's original owner, Gaston, and the dealership. Very cool to have the history of a car filled in.

Robb

4. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    My 328 was sold new at Gaston Andrey but I don't have a frame, unfortunately.

Glad to hear you have a lead on one. I still see Gaston Andrey stickers on cars here from time to time.

5. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    The Andrey family had some interesting car/racing history... I must have met them all as a kid in the 80s, and then once again in the late 90s when the dealer moved from Framingham to West Newton. Roget/ Roger was always very kind to me as my passion for exotic cars was forming

Is he still in the car biz? Selling Ferraris back in the 70s and 80s was quite a bit different than the last 15/20 yrs... must have been very interesting. I think the wait lists did exist, but even with less production then, it was not too bad compared to the wealthy market today. The 308/328s were in great demand, and somewhat the TRs as well

6. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    M,

I emailed Roger Andrey through his website gastonandreymotorsports.com

I also left him a voicemail. He called me back on his cell as he was heading home. I believe he is still involved with finding vintage sports cars.

I enjoyed his call and the stories that he told about my car in 1995.

He did not have any Gaston Andrey plate frames... though.

Robb

7. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Interesting that he can recall details when they did sell hundreds of Ferraris, let alone many more Saabs and Alfas too. Our MOndial only got a few thousand miles on it from 83-97, so Rogey often helped us with battery issues from storage. I recall we got a late 83 (Oct) delivered to us in the cold spring of 84. Dark sera blue, not resale red. Somehow got close to 10% off the MSRP, not a cash deal then.

8. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I think the original buyer was who made the car and HIMSELF so memorable in a sea of F-cars.

Robb