Independents near RI/MA | FerrariChat

Independents near RI/MA

Discussion in 'New England' started by vjd3, May 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Any recommendations for someone relatively close to Rhode Island to care for an F430?

Also still looking for a good detailer in this area, if anyone knows ... have tried a couple of them so far but not been impressed to date.

Thanks!

2. CohassetJoe

CohassetJoe Rookie

Oct 2, 2013
    Cohasset, MA, USA
    Full Name:
    Joe D
    IFS in Easton Ma. They have a website. No luck on the detailer. Haven't found one I trust enough yet.

3. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    +1 for John Tirrell at IFS. He began working at Autohaus, one of the original Ferrari dealers in the Northeast in the early 70's at the age of 22! John not only has incredible knowledge but is also an accomplished racer in Ferrari Challenge Car
    Racing Challenge Car Racing.

I have gotten to know John well over the past 6 years and he is one of the best and he has passion like no other. I cherish every opportunity I have to interact with him.

Detailing contact Doug Nelson he is an ASE Certified Master Mechanic AND ASE Certified in Painting & Refinishing who also teaches. He does all the work himself, is meticulous, a perfectionist and extremely passionate. You can call him direct on his cell phone at 401-258-1811.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Prime-Auto-Detail/791342550953135?fref=nf

4. k@ch22

k@ch22 Rookie

Jun 7, 2015
    @vjd3 did you end up going with IFS? I'm in need of an F-mech and I've heard a little abt both IFS and KTS. wondering who'd be best for the job.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

5. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I have not gone to IFS but I did take my car up to Steve Oldford at Aston-Martin in Waltham MA for a once-over and a close look at the exhaust ... he is the former service manager from Ferrari NE, and David, the tech who looked over my car, was terrific. I would be very comfortable with those guys caring for it, and they offer a nice Fchat or FCA discount, too.

Aston Martin of New England & Lotus Motorsports, Inc.

Car checked out great, too.

6. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
    Who is KTS? As I mentioned JT at IFS is great though I have not gone I have read positive reviews of AMNE.

7. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I haven't heard much about KTR lately.
    I go to AMNE for my service.

8. k@ch22

k@ch22 Rookie

Jun 7, 2015
    @ronfrohock thanks, I meant KTR. Just read that J. Geils sold it a few years ago - 2012 maybe? @DDD I'll check out AM New England, thanks!

9. k@ch22

k@ch22 Rookie

Jun 7, 2015
    @vjd3 missed your post. Seems like all on this thread have good things to say abt AMNE and IFS both. I'm looking for a diagnostics, too. Good to know we'll be in good hands. @DDD detailing! Thanks for the lead!

10. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Actually it was sold to Bob Gett at least 10 years ago, possibly even 15. Still a very good shop from what I hear. Very supportive and active in preparation and trackside support for vintage racers, including Sandra McNeil's fleet that includes the ex-Surtees 250GTO. Andy Funk has been there as general manager for many years and is a first class guy.