Southern MA & RI Cars & Coffee 2015 | FerrariChat

Southern MA & RI Cars & Coffee 2015

Discussion in 'New England' started by Dino944, May 15, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #1 Dino944, May 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Cars & Coffee Taunton, MA 2015.

Nice cars are coming out of hibernation so its time to post a new thread for C&C.

Feel free to extend the invitation to friends, family and other car nuts (doesn't matter what make). Preference is to keep things low key so we don't attract unwanted attention.

Location: Starbucks Parking Lot (toward the back), Taunton, MA (65 H Taunton Depot Drive, Taunton, MA 02780)

Date: Every other Sunday (Weather Permitting) Starting May 24, 2015.
    Exception during June we will only be meeting on June 7th and June 28th, as there are other car events that some of our regulars may want to attend. In July will resume every other weekend.

Time: 9:30 AM until whenever

Location Description: The location is perfect for this type of get together. The traffic is light on Sunday Mornings since most of the stores are still closed. We often get people that will stop by to look at the cars and ask questions and we have never had any bad experiences. Local patrols also leave us alone which is nice. If we get a big draw of cars we can always park at the Circuit City parking lot across the street which has a huge lot and no traffic.

Weather Permitting: Most of us don't mind meeting up on cold or overcast days but rain really spoils this one since we are standing outside. If it's raining or looks like it will assume the GTG is cancelled. We may schedule for the following weekend if there's interest.

This isn't just for Porsches, so as mentioned earlier if you have friends with other fun cars feel free to invite them or bring them along.

I will try to provide updates & reminders so everyone knows when the next GTG will be.

Looking forward to catching up with our regulars and meeting some new car friends too.

Best regards,
    Dino

Below are a few pix from last season
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    Dino, I met you there about 8 months ago. finally getting my family out to the area. All of us and the 458 will be in Weston by June 1. Thanks for the reminder!

3. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Yes, I recall meeting you. I think you had a black Mercedes? Glad to hear the family and the 458 are on their way out to join you. Hope to see you at future meets.

Cheers,
    Dino

4. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Just a quick reminder our first meet of the season is this Sunday, 5/24. Hope to see you guys there.

Best regards,
    Dino

5. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #5 Dino944, May 25, 2015
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for coming out today! It was a great turn out even with it being a holiday weekend. Sam and Kenny, glad you could join us and bring your vintage Ferraris. Its not everyday, my 89 328 is the youngest Ferrari at an event. I hope to get to chat with you both a bit more at future meets.

It was great catching up with several of our regulars (Dan, Ryan, Raoul, Frank, Hans, Rob, Ray, Ed, Steve, and anyone that I might have missed). Also glad that Rich, Nick, and Chris were able to join us again for our first meet of the year. I know there were a few people I didn't get to chat with or meet, but I hope to do so in future.

I hope you all will come out and join us again. Our next meet is Sunday, 6/7/15.
    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
    Best regards,
    Dino

Below are a few pix from today

6. rkljr

rkljr Formula Junior

May 16, 2011
    South of Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Richard
    Great turn out, I hope to get down there this summer.

7. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hey Guys,

Just a quick reminder our next meet is this coming Sunday, June 7th. See you guys there.

Best regards,
    Dino

8. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Weather looks to be very cooperative for this Sunday!

See ya then Dino.

9. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hey Kenny,

Sounds good! See you on Sunday.

Best regards,
    Dino

10. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #10 Dino944, Jun 7, 2015
    Hey Guys thanks for coming out today. Always nice to see more new faces and cool cars. It was great meeting some of the new people such as Gilles (who brought the first French car we've ever had at a meet - a Citroen SM), Kevin, Martin, John, Mike, Faisal. As always it was fun catching up with our usual suspects, Dan, Hans, Kenny, Ken, Ken 2, Steve, Steve T., Raoul, Ray, Ed, Bill, Rich, Rob, Keith etc. I know I've forgotten a to mention several people (I'm not great with names), but it was great seeing and meeting everyone that was there.

Below are a few pix from today. Because Father's day is coming up in 2 weeks, our next meet will be the week after on June 28th. Hope to see you there.
    Best regards,
    Dino

11. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hey Guys,

The forecasts I've seen for tomorrow all say we will be getting a lot of rain. So we will NOT be meeting tomorrow. Our next meet will be in 2 weeks on Sunday 7/12/15. Have a great weekend.

Best regards,
    Dino

12. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick reminder our next meet is this coming Sunday, July 12th. See you guys there.

Best regards,
    Dino

13. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #13 Dino944, Jul 13, 2015
    Hey Guys,

Even with some other events going on yesterday we had a very nice turn out.

Lots of our regulars were there so its always great to catch up with them (you guys know who you are), but again we got to see several new faces and new cars. I want to welcome a few people that I met: Sam (Gray Elise), Mike (red Italia), Jim (599GTB), the Mondial T driver (I missed his name), Hiro and Melissa with their Boxster Spyder -some of you may remember he had a yellow Elise years ago... apparently he was seduced by the dark side and got a Porsche ;)

I also want to thank our attendees for not doing any burnouts when leaving or excessive engine revving at this meet. I know its not the Ferrari/Lotus/Porsche guys who did that at a prior meet. However, the few guys who did that read this forum and I want to encourage everyone to be on their best behavior so we can continue these meets.

Again great day. Hope to catch up with you all again soon. I believe our next meet will probably be 7/26/15.

Below are a few pix.

Best regards,
    Dino

14. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
  15. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

Our next meet is this coming Sunday, July 26th. Let's hope for some good weather. See you guys there.

Best regards,
    Dino

16. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Looks like showers around 9am in Taunton according to recent forecasts so I'm cancelling tomorrow's meet (so we all have additional time tomorrow to detail our cars for Tutto Italiano). Hope to catch up with some of you at Tutto at Larz Anderson next week. The next date for a Taunton C&C - to be determined.

Best regards,
    Dino

17. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

Our next meet is this coming Sunday, August 9th! See you guys there.

Best regards,
    Dino

18. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #18 Dino944, Aug 10, 2015
    Hi Guys,

Unfortunately, the weather wasn't quite as predicted. Still, some braved the "Treacherous drizzle" ;) , for a morning drive and meet. Overall a pretty good turn out considering less than perfect weather and a few other car events on the same day. As always nice catching
    up with several of our regulars Frank, Steve, Howard, Hans, Mike (Boxster), Mike (458), and Martin (and anyone else I may have missed). Lets hope for better
    weather next time.

Our next meet will be on Sunday August 23rd. See you guys there.

Best regards,
    Dino

19. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Just a quick reminder, our next meet is scheduled for this Sunday, August 23rd. So far the weather forecast isn't looking great. Hopefully the forecast will improve, but if not I'll post a cancellation notice here either Saturday night or early Sunday.

Best regards,
    Dino

20. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

with predictions for Sunday of AM fog plus passing showers or a thunderstorm, I'm cancelling tomorrow's meet. Our next meet date will probably be June 6th.

Best regards,
    Dino

21. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Sorry, that last post should say the next meet will be Sept. 6th.

Thanks!

22. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick reminder our next meet is this Sunday, September 6th. See you guys there.

Best regards,
    Dino

23. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    Still on for tomorrow?? If so, see you guys there.

24. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Mike,

Yes, we are still meeting up tomorrow. See you there.

Best regards,
    Dino

25. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #25 Dino944, Sep 7, 2015
    Hi Guys,

Even with it being a holiday weekend, we had a really nice turn out and a lot of new faces...so thanks for coming out and exercising the cars. Always nice chatting with our regulars, Bill, Ray, Ed, Steve 930, MikeS, Mike 458, Kenny TR, Ken yellow 997S, Dan, Raoul, Steve 986, Martin and Jim who brought his Chevy Bel Air (rather than his Lotus Esprit for a change). So far Jim gets the award for the oldest car to attend one of our meets. Prior to yesterday the oldest cat to attend was from 1970. There were also some girls at the meet, Sue and Elizabeth got to chat with Jill. I'm glad I got to meet some new attendees...Don S7, Hans (964), David 993, Scott 986, John, Ronald, and Shamous. I know I'm missing a bunch of people who were there...so please forgive me. I'm sure Ill get all the names next time ;)

Below are a few pix. I'm hoping we might get in maybe 2 more meets and/or possibly a short drive before the end of the season. Our next meet if the weather cooperates will be on Sept 20th. Also, a few people asked to be on our email list for reminders when we meet. If you want to be on the list just PM me with an email address and you will be added to the list.

Best regards,
    Dino