Looking for a 360F1 in NE (CT preferred) | FerrariChat

Looking for a 360F1 in NE (CT preferred)

Discussion in 'New England' started by Col. Kurtz, Jul 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Col. Kurtz

Col. Kurtz Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    Walter E.
    Hi NE FChatters,

The driving season will soon come to an end and some may consider selling their 360F1s at season's end so I'm starting this thread to express my ongoing interest in buying one.

I am doing it in this section as I am not too interested in traveling cross-country. Not so much because I don't enjoy the adventure of such a pursuit, but the to-ing and fro-ing of phone calls, inability to look the seller in the eye, mis-interpretation of condition, the cost of flying, the transportation cost and risk, arranging a PPI by phone with a dealer I don't know, etc results in too many variables which I'd rather avoid.

There are three 360F1s in which I am interested which are potentially being sold in Connecticut (great!) but for one reason or another nothing has transpired yet.

Below is my spec list. I will generally consider something else where I state 'preferred'; 'MUST' speaks for itself.

Specs for the 360F1:
    -Clean Carfax a MUST
    -Modena preferred
    -Red preferred
    -US spec preferred (if Euro MUST have all relevant EPA, etc docs)
    -Tan or Black interior preferred
    -Sticky removed preferred
    -TCU ungraded a MUST if earlier model
    -Variator recall MUST be done
    -History of yearly/regular service a MUST
    -Clutch life over 50% preferred
    -Under 30000miles preferred
    -No repaint (except bumpers) preferred
    -Does not need to be a show car, but don't want a DD either. Overall condition MUST be very good
    -Unmodified (re: stereo, spoilers, etc) preferred, but can live with aftermarket exhaust and tasteful aftermarket wheels
    -MUST be OK with a PPI before any money changes hands

I'm willing to pay a fair price based on condition, meeting the above specs, and what the market is asking for these cars at that point in time.

I know I've left things out or not considered certain things, but as they come to mind I will add them. I am not in a rush, but if I could buy something this year that would be great.

If you know of any cars fitting the above description please shoot me a PM or reply to this thread.

Thanks in advance!

2. Col. Kurtz

Jun 20, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    Walter E.
    Another item...
    Challenge rear grill preferred but not essential

If you know of someone who owns a 360F1 who may wish to sell, please let me know. Even if it's outside NE but comes with a personal FChatter recommendation, it will be considered.

Thanks

3. Col. Kurtz

Jun 20, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    Walter E.
    Just 'refreshing' the thread so people know I'm still looking.

4. MVDESQ

MVDESQ Formula 3

Nov 25, 2010
    Greenwich, CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew & Kristen V.
  5. Col. Kurtz

Jun 20, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    Walter E.
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for the link! Yeah, the price is unrealistic. I've noticed that with patience you can find 430s for ballpark same price (even lower if you really keep a look out).

I very much want a 360, but if it's a choice between a 360 and Gallardo for the same money, the 360 is coming second in that race.

Thanks again very much for the link. Please post any new 360 sales you may see!

Cheers

6. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I don't know you, so sorry if I seem mean or rude, but you're not going to find a 430 in the same condition as the above 360 for similar money... you know that right? So why compare a perfect 360 to a higher mileage, most likely undocumented 430?

7. Col. Kurtz

Jun 20, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    Walter E.
    I don't know you either, but you've made a few assumptions about this 360 and the condition of 430s which I've seen. I'd rather focus on any info relevant to my search for a 360F1 (not 430) rather than debate the merits of my comparison, which was merely to indicate that this 360 is overpriced.

8. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    It's easy to make assumptions of $100k 430 and a $100k 360 at an Authorized Ferrari dealer...

9. Col. Kurtz

Jun 20, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    Walter E.
    #9 Col. Kurtz, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
    Good for you. If comparative 360 and 430 values are of interest to you, maybe you should start your own thread.

10. traimpz348

traimpz348 Formula 3

Apr 13, 2004
    Avon,CT
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Whatever. Good luck with your 360 search.

11. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Walter I took a ride through inskip Porsche tday and they have a 360 on their lot. I didn't get a chance to get out and check it out but it may be worth a call for you.

12. Col. Kurtz

Jun 20, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    Walter E.
    Fantastic! Thanks for the referral Rob, I'll give them a call tomorrow to get some additional details.

Cheers!

13. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    Good luck Kristina Paris is a good person to deal with there and also Kirk Stingle as well.