Lime Rock Labor Day Weekend | FerrariChat

Lime Rock Labor Day Weekend

Discussion in 'New England' started by Gordo308, Sep 1, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gordo308

Gordo308 Karting

Sep 2, 2013
    Essex, CT
    Full Name:
    Gordon Laing
    Hi All,
    I'm heading up Saturday.

2. mulo rampante

mulo rampante Formula Junior

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Dean and I will be going as well, we are both leaving from the Northern part of CT, and might coordinate.

3. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I'm likely heading up on Monday...

4. michaelantho

michaelantho Karting

Sep 15, 2014
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael Smith
    What exactly is going on this weekend at Lime Rock?

5. izaacbrook

izaacbrook Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2013
    Northern NJ
    Full Name:
    Izaac Brook
    Historics Festival.

6. dflett

dflett Formula 3

Jun 24, 2005
    NY
    Full Name:
    David
    The plan right now is to go up Saturday and probably take the 308... Filled up with gas and topped off the oil this afternoon but it will be a long drive there and back on a hot day without AC hehehehehe

7. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    I plan on attending Sunday for the show.

8. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    The LRP website shows that Saturday infield parking is all sold out. Is there a separate area for Ferraris? I thought about bringing the 308 and the F12, and don't really want to park up top unattended. Have you guys registered?

9. mulo rampante

mulo rampante Formula Junior

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Phil: I got a ticket for Saturday a couple of weeks ago. I forgot about the opportunity to reserve infield parking for $15 or whatever it is. Just arrive early, shouldn't be a problem.

10. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I have been parking up top for years, usually take the 308, this year I'm taking the Boxer. There are people who help with parking and I've never had any issues or heard of anyone having an issue.

A bunch of us are going up on Saturday and we usually sit on the hill, at the end of the main straight, outside the track, by the bridge. Great viewing of 1/2 the track.

Maybe we'll see some fchat terse there.

11. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    For the Sunday Concours Lime Rock Park has invited Jim Taylor to bring several cars from his collection for display and also invited a few trustees of the Saratoga Automobile Museum to bring cars for display next to Jim's. On Saturday Judith and I are driving to a family 'pot-luck' in Becket MA, overnight at a B&B not far from Lakeville and then to LRP early Sunday morning for the Concours. We'll bring either the 575M (blu TdF) or the Maserati Spyder (blu nettuno). The Museum will have a small booth nearby. Please stop to say hello and since you are all 'neighbors' become members of the Museum. It ain';t expensive and membership gets you not only our 'Horsepower' Magazine but free admission whenever you are in Saratoga and free invitations to the opening receptions for each new exhibition.

See you! :)

12. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    I'm planning to go on Sunday.

13. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Current plan is to head to LRP on Monday, probably with the 308 and F12. If the TR is ready tomorrow, might take it as well. Depends on who's available to drive. Weather sounds great for all three days.

14. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Phil,

It's hard to imagine that you'll have difficulty finding someone willing to drive one of your immaculate Fcars.

Enjoy the day and please post some photos.

- Ed -

15. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Sorry we'll miss you Phil; Judith and I are driving over just for the day tomorrow. Hope to see you at a FCA/NER event sometime in the autumn

16. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    Great car show today as the track was lined up with all type and they were great. Race day tomorrow.

17. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Took the 308 and F12 to LRP yesterday. Weather in the morning was phenomenal. Then it started to heat up. The racing was typical and well worth the trip. Only disappointment was that there were very few F-cars there. Only saw a half dozen in the corral plus a few others scattered around. Unfortunately there were a lot of Italian cars out on the track for the two parade laps, and with the mix of small cars it felt like a Sunday drive in New York City. No passing, 60 mph speed limit, and no dropping back to "punch it". Maybe I did violate the rules a little.....
    All in all a great day though.
    Next year we should try to coordinate a bigger group trip by our G'bury cars.
    One pleasant surprise was free admission for vets.

18. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Nice Phil...unfortunately I couldn't make it up there, very disappointing. I will be there this coming Sat autocrossing the STI but just not quite the same. I heard there was a 250 GTO there too -

19. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    There was a 250 GTO there by one of the racing team tents, but no one was around it at the time.
    Gotta love the lines on that car...... unfortunately a little out of my league.
    Hope you can make it to G'bury soon.

20. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

The GTO was not real. It looked nice though.