Southern MA & RI Cars & Coffee 2016 | FerrariChat

Southern MA & RI Cars & Coffee 2016

Discussion in 'New England' started by Dino944, Apr 12, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #1 Dino944, Apr 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey Guys,

I've received a few emails asking when C&Cs are going to start, so to answer that question our first meet will be May 15, 2016. Hopefully, the weather will have warmed up sufficiently by then, and people will have had a chance to complete any winter maintenance/projects for the upcoming season.

I know several of you are already "Regulars," so you know the drill. However, below is info for those who have not previously attended our meets.

Location: Starbucks Parking Lot (toward the back), Taunton, MA (65 H Taunton Depot Drive, Taunton, MA 02780)

Date: Every other Sunday (Weather Permitting) Starting May 15, 2016. Please check updates that you receive as it will let you know if we are rescheduling or bumping the meet out by a week for other big car events.

Time: 9:30 AM until whenever.

Feel free to bring a friend, girlfriend, wife, etc. I know some ladies don't want to be the only girl at a car meet, but don't worry about that, my wife attends about 90-95% of the meets. So chances are your wife/girlfriend won't be the only girl there.

Location Description: The location is perfect for this type of get together. The traffic is light on Sunday mornings since most of the stores are still closed. We often get people who will stop by to look at the cars and ask questions and we have never had any bad experiences. Local patrols also leave us alone which is nice. Please be respectful of the businesses around the location for the meet, and please don't do any high performance driving or launch control demonstrations from the parking lot where we meet, as we do not want to draw any negative attention to our meets.

Weather Permitting: Most of us don't mind meeting up on cold or overcast days but rain really spoils this one since we are standing outside. If it's raining or looks like it will assume the GTG is cancelled.

I will try to provide updates & reminders so everyone knows when the next GTG will be.

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

Best regards,
    Dino

Below are a few pix from last season.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick reminder our first meet of the season is this Sunday, May 15th. Looking forward to catching up with everyone.

Best regards,
    Dino

3. GS Scott

GS Scott Rookie

Jul 12, 2015
    Boston North Shore
    Full Name:
    Scott R
    Hi Guys,
    I hope it was a good day today for the first cars & coffee of 2016. Sorry that I didn't make it down to meet everyone, but I will make the next meet. I went to the Cars & Coffee at Burlington yesterday and was a bit overwhelmed with the crowds!
    Scott

4. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Scott,

Sorry you didn't make it down, maybe some other time. We had good turn out taking into account how windy and cold it was this morning.

Cheers,
    Dino

5. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #5 Dino944, May 15, 2016
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for coming out today for our first meet of the season. It was breezy and cold, but a good turn out an a lot of fun. As always great catching up with our regulars, Ray, Ed, Bill, Dan, Hans, Steve (930 Turbo), Mike (Boxster), Gilles, Michael (991 Turbo S), Kenny, Frank, Steve (Boxster), and the wives that attended. Chris, glad to see you back after a long break, and great meeting some some new folks Scott (blue 458 Italia) and several other's with names that are escaping me at the moment. (I'm not great with names at least not on a first meeting).

Looking forward to the next meet, and hopefully some warmer weather. Our next meet will be on Sunday, May 29th (the long weekend).

Best regards,
    Dino

Bellow are a few pix of some of the cars from today.

6. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hey Guys,

Just a quick reminder that our next meet is this Sunday, May 29th. See you guys there.

Best regards,
    Dino

7. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #7 Dino944, May 30, 2016
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for coming out and meeting up on the long weekend. We had a nice turn out and some good weather. As always its great seeing many familiar faces: Mike S (986), Mike M (Italia), Steve (986), Steve S (930), Kevin, Chis, Hans, Don, Nick and John. It was also great meeting a few new folks Gary, AJ, Shannon, Paul. I know there are a few people I didn't get to meet but hopefully we'll get to meet next time.

Our next meet will be on Sunday, June 12th.
    Best regards,
    Dino

Below are a few photos from the meet.

8. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick reminder our next meet is Sunday, June 12th. See you guys there.

Best regards,
    Dino

9. InlineSixx

InlineSixx Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    Nashua, NH / Newport, RI
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Dino & the rest of the Regulars,

Wanted to introduce myself, long time Lurker but not a frequent participant within these forums, but I'm a Local Car Enthusiast looking to interact with other car nuts like myself.

Since I spend a lot of time in Southeastern MA/RI often [very familiar with Newport, Providence, Fall River, New Bedford, Taunton areas] while living in Northwest of Boston / soon to be Southern Nashua, I figured it made sense to reply to this thread. Like many others here, my love for cars started with BMWs but now that my tastes have widened to other types of vehicles I figured this seems like the type of crowd who would welcome both Ferrari and Non-Ferrari alike.

Look forward to talking with many of you in the future

v/r

Rick

10. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Rick,

Welcome! Yes, we always welcome and enjoy seeing a non-Ferrari vehicles in addition to Ferraris. To be honest our meets started on non-Ferrari forum. Diversity of cars always leads to interesting conversations. As much as people love seeing and chatting about the newest performance cars, there is always great interest when we have had occasional vintage models of Porsches, BMWs, Corvettes, etc. attend.

Looking forward to meeting you one of these days.
    Best regards,
    Dino

11. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #11 Dino944, Jun 14, 2016
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for coming out and joining us on a beautiful morning. Great catching up with some of our regular attendees. Also, wanted to welcome the new attendees Bill (991 Turbo), Lee (930 ), Jim (3.2 Carrera), and a few guys who's names escape me at the moment. For any that missed Sunday, we had a 1st generation 3 liter 930 Turbo (the original "Widow Maker") and a current 991 Turbo..so it looked a bit like a Porsche ad showing 1st and last generation Turbos. Also, its rare to be able to see so much of 930 engine with the back lid open due to the intercooler, but these rare 1st gen 930s from 1975-1977 didn't have intercoolers. Below are a few pix. [edit] Sorry, some of the photos I took are too large to post here...ooops!

Our next meet is Sunday, June 26th. See you guys there.
    Best regards,
    Dino

12. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Just a quick reminder our next meet is this Sunday, June 26th. See you guys there.

Best regards,
    Dino

13. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #13 Dino944, Jun 27, 2016
    Hey Guys,

Great turn out. Thanks for coming out and sharing your morning with us. As always its great seeing our regulars at the meets (Dan, Mike 986, Hans 987.2, Hans 911S, Lee, Michael & Susan M3, Martin, Bill & Gail, Ray, and Ed). Also nice to see a few people from the past return, Noah and Keith, and its always a pleasure to meet some new attendees Bob A with the white 987.7 Cayman, Jack and his pal brought a pair of Corvettes.

It was great that some of the wives/girlfriends could join us. I hope a few more will join us in the future.

I'm sorry I didn't get to stay longer to chat with as many of you as I normally do, but Jill and I had to leave at 11 so that we could attend a wedding in the afternoon.

The next few dates for our meets are July 10th, July 24 and then there is a break in our meets so that several of us can attend Italian Car Day at Larz Anderson on August 7th. The next meet after that will be on August 14th.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the next meet.
    Best regards,
    Dino

Below are a few photos from yesterday. The last car is an interesting 3.8 991S Engine swap done by BGB Motorsports. They were doing this before Porsche released news of the 981 GT4 and Boxster Spyder.

14. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick reminder our next meet is this coming Sunday, July 10th. See you guys there.

Best regards,
    Dino

15. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

We are cancelling today's meet. My roads are soaked, and although its not raining at the moment, one forecast is calling for potential rain to start in Taunton around 9 am. Sorry to have to cancel today's meet especially since it means I have to go to the gym this morning (boring). So if you got up early for C&C, go back to sleep, or start a small project you can do on your car in the garage. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon.

Best regards,
    Dino

16. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    thanks Dino, will catch up next time.

17. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hey Mike, sounds good. Sorry to everyone about having to cancel, but with soaked roads down here I didn't think we'd have much of a turn out.

Just an FYI, our next meet is being bumped out a bit (due to a conflict) so our next meet will be July 31st. Lets hope for better weather.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend.
    Best regards,
    Dino

18. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick reminder our next meet is this coming Sunday, July 31st. See you guys there.

Best regards,
    Dino

19. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

Unfortunately, I have light rain here at home (even though it just says cloudy on my local area forecast), and for all I know its the same in Taunton. In addition, one weather report says rain to start in Taunton around 10 am. So we are cancelling today's meet. Our next meet will be Sunday, August 14th. See you guys there.

Have a great day.
    Best regards,
    Dino

20. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick reminder, our next meet is this coming Sunday, August 14th. See you there.

Best regards,
    Dino

21. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #21 Dino944, Aug 15, 2016
    Thanks to everyone for braving the heat and for helping to make it another successful meet. We had many of our regulars in attendance, Mike S (986), Mike M (458), Steve (986), Ken, Martin, Ryan, Chris (AMG SL63), Lee, Bob, Don. I'd also like to welcome a few of our newer attendees, Noah (S2000), Kevin (Amaranth Red Cayman), and Brianna.

We also had several ladies in attendance. Lee's Wife and daughter brought a recent Anniversary gift, an Aston Martin Vanquish S, Brianna and another woman each arrived their own S2000s, and as usual Jill was there co-piloting the Cayman. So don't be afraid to invite the ladies in your lives to join us.

Our next meet will be on Sunday, August 28th. See you guys there.
    Best regards,
    Dino

Below are a few pix from the meet.

22. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Hi Guys,

Just a quick reminder our next meet is this coming Sunday, August 28th. See you guys there.

Best regards,
    Dino

23. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Should be there with a 328 and my dad with a 360. See you there.

24. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Sounds good Phil. Always nice to meet a fellow 328 owner. See you guys there!

25. Dino944

Dino944 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #25 Dino944, Aug 29, 2016
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for joining us for a great morning yesterday. Lots of our regulars attended Dan, Hans M, Mike S, Jim (Esprit), Frank, Noah, Ray, Bill, and Ed, Jim (911), Kevin, and Gilles. Also plenty of new faces Dan 991, Paul and his son Dan with their Evora S, Steven with the Vette, and Phil with the yellow 328GTS and his Dad with the 360. We also had a few wives and girlfriends in attendance which was nice too. It was definitely a great day for the cars to get some exercise so that the owners could get some coffee.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again soon. Our next meet will be on Sunday, September 11th.

Best regards,
    Dino

Below are a few photos from the meet.