NH/Kangamangus Cruise August 27th. | FerrariChat

NH/Kangamangus Cruise August 27th.

Discussion in 'New England' started by Kalstar, Jul 1, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kalstar

Kalstar Karting

Sep 29, 2015
    Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Jim Kalweit
    Mass Velocity has put together a (no cost) Exotic car cruise. Driver can make it a one or 2 day event. The only cost is food, gas and hotel (if you decide to stay over). We meet north of Boston, Travel to Campton NH for a gathering/show/lunch. Then drive the Kangamangus Hwy over to Conway. Dinner will be at the Covered Bridge Farm table (as seen on "Bar Rescue"). Following day is a cruise to and around the lakes region of NH as well as Brunch at Woodpeakers. Right now there are 67 cars signed up and I am the only Ferrari, way to many Lambos, we need to equal out their numbers. This is kid, family, even pet friendly.

Anyone interested? Post here or send me a message on Facebook...James Kalweit and I will send you an event invite.

Jim

2. Bdel

Bdel Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Hollis, NH
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    please send me an invite

Bdel

3. ixlr8

ixlr8 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2015
    Eastern Shore- Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Sounds like fun, please add me to the invite list.

Jim

4. Kalstar

Kalstar Karting

Sep 29, 2015
    Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Jim Kalweit
    Are either of you on Facebook? If not, my email is [email protected] send me a note and I will send you the invite. Facebook is easiest as I'll just add you to the event page. Really shaping up to be a great time. BTW, I will be driving my triple black 355.

5. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I'm interested for sure. My stomping grounds! Sounds fun

6. Kalstar

Kalstar Karting

Sep 29, 2015
    Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Jim Kalweit
    Send me Facebook name or email address.

Btw, for what it is worth, I am the organizer of this event so I can invite all the Ferrari guys I want...because of course I know they are better then those Glorified VW :)

7. Kalstar

Kalstar Karting

Sep 29, 2015
    Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Jim Kalweit
    #7 Kalstar, Jul 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Kalstar

Kalstar Karting

Sep 29, 2015
    Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Jim Kalweit
    August 27 – August 28
    Aug 27 at 9:30 AM to Aug 28 at 9 PM

Burlington Mall (meeting spot)
    75 Middlesex Turnpike, Burlington, Massachusetts 0180
    Open registration We will cap at 85 cars. There is no charge to participate though an optional $10 charitable contribution would be welcomed (all donations go to the St. Jude Children's Hospital). The car show might also have a small entry fee and off course food cost is on you. This is open to spouses, kids or anyone registered drivers feel fit to bring. All cars and drivers must be pre-approved and given a car number minimum one week prior to Rally. "No ticket, no ride".

So, here we go.... We meet at the Burlington Mall @ 9:30am (75 Middlesex Turnpike, Burilington MA in front of Johnny Rockets) on Saturday August 27th. We will then drive 1:48hrs up to Campton NH to a local car show at Waterville Estates. If you are traveling from up north and you prefer to meet up in NH, we can meet at 562 Winterbrook Rd, Campton, NH 03223 at noon. Food will be available to purchase at the car show (BBQ stuff). We will stay at the car show till 2:30pm partaking in the clubhouse amenities such as the 4 pools, beach, tennis, gym and bars (all at no cost) well the booze will be on you. We will leave Campton by 3:00 pm (there cars will leave in 3 groups of 30) and drive 1:09 mins over the scenic and very awesome Kancamagus highway to Conway NH. We will stop along the way to take pictures and sight see. Once in Conway we will stop at the Factory outlets to do some shopping. Dinner will be at the Covered Bridge Farm Table at 7:30. After dinner participants may choose to depart to head home or may stay locally for activities the following day.

For those staying over, local hotels bookings and discounts are available (see below). For those that stay over, of course they can either do their own thing or they can hang out with the rest of us. August 28th...will be cruise to hike Rattle Snake Mountain followed by brunch at Woodpeakers in Campton. The afternoon will be spent driving around and stopping at several scenic spots on New Found Lake (my favorite place on Earth) then drive to Bear Notch and possibly a stop at Clark's Trading Post if time allows. The clubhouse will also be open to all registered drivers and their guests all weekend if some prefer just to hang out and relax by the pool.. We will end the weekend with a cookout at my cabin.

Accommodations for Saturday night's stay is the Snowy Owl Inn at Waterville NH. The group rate is $109.00 per night including tax for standard room (2 double beds) $149.00 for Studio (2 queens and a pull out couch) and $199 for loft apartments (sleeps 7). There are currently 50 rooms blocked for us. Hotel is pet friendly so let them know at booking if you want a pet or pet free room. Reservations at 1-800-766-9969. Keep in mind this is a 2 day event but if some want to make it a 1 day event, that works too. No need to stay over if you don't feel like it or time is does not allow. Come Saturday or Sunday or both days. *I was asked if there were any camp grounds close for RV and or travel trailers, the answer is yes*. I also have 15 rooms held at the Golden Eagle, way more money, but if you want high-end/high price tag "we got'ya covered". Night security guard to watch the cars at the Resorts on Saturday (both resorts share the same parking area) are confirmed at the resorts expense once we reach 40 booked reservations. If we do not reach 40 rooms then it will be about $7 per room.
    The menu for the Rally.....(Roughly $88.00 per person for the whole weekend). See post below for locations, times and menu items.

Lunch at Waterville Valley Cookout: Sat 12-2....
    Home | Waterville Estates
    Hot Dogs
    Hamburgers
    Chicken sandwiches
    Tossed green salad
    French Fries/onion rings
    Potato/Pasta salad
    Soda
    $10.00 per person (Beer and wine additional).

Dinner at Covered Bridge: Sat 7:30-9:30....
    Great Food | The Covered Bridge Farm Table Restaurant & Bar
    Garden Salad with home baked rolls
    Artisan Cheese Platter with Local Meats
    Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta
    Chicken Wellington
    Crab Stuffed Sole with Lobster Sauce OR Shrimp Scampi with linguine
    Carved Prime Rib of Beef Au Jus
    Local Corn on the Cob
    Roasted Red Potatoes
    Peach and Raspberry Cobbler or Chocolate Cake
    As you can see these items are a bit more upscale than your average buffet but would make it worthwhile for us to close the dining room on a Saturday night for your event. If we need to do something different by all means just let me know. Also keep in mind we have a separate kids menu for children under 12.

Brunch at Woodpeakers menu: Sun 9am-1:00pm.....
    Woodpeckers Pub & Eatery - Menu ?
    brunch/breakfast buffet on August 28, 2016 for 100 people at Woodpeckers Pub.
    Our buffet has the following:
    scramble eggs, home fries, potatoes skins with cheese, pancakes, house made Belgium waffles with topping, bacon , our smoked ham, grilled English muffins and a chef attended omelet station. Per your request we will add Egg's Benedict, coffee and non alcoholic beverages.
    Our deck will be reserved for your group and any additional seating can use the inside dinning. The Buffet will start at 9am end at 1
    Please feel free to call or send a text (603)254-779

Sunday night....
    Potluck cookout at the Estates Clubhouse: Sun 6:00pm to whenever. Possible fireworks over the pond (Permit pending). 548 Winterbrook Rd, Campton, NH 03223
    All the typical cookout foods with alcohol and deserts.

So if you are interested then email me at [email protected] or call me 508-685-5310 and let me know if you are in, how many days, if you need lodging and the car you plan to bring. There are minimum car requirements that must be met. For the most part if the car is an exotic....it will qualify.

9. Kalstar

Kalstar Karting

Sep 29, 2015
    Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Jim Kalweit
    More registrations today. Lambo's. Don't let me be the only Ferrari. 😎

10. InlineSixx

InlineSixx Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    Nashua, NH / Newport, RI
    Full Name:
    Rick
    ****, If I wasn't heading back from Monterey on the 28th I'd do this in a heartbeat.

11. ixlr8

ixlr8 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2015
    Eastern Shore- Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I was going to try to attend, but my 550 has developed an oil leak and so far I have not found the source. Still trying to get my car into the mechanic, he has been booked solid for the past month.

12. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Jim, is space still available?

13. philS

philS Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2008
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Jim ???

14. Kalstar

Kalstar Karting

Sep 29, 2015
    Cape Cod
    Full Name:
    Jim Kalweit
    Yes there is room still available. We have 112 cars going. I increased the cap to 125. My phone number is 508-685-5310 if you are on Facebook send me a PM message and I will add you to the page.

We are also doing on Sunday to the Club Motorsports track from 3pm till 6pm. That should be a ball. 2.5 mile track, 700 feet of elevation change.

15. sam231

sam231 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2004
    RI
    To state the obvious be careful out there. The drive is towards the end of the month and state/town coffers need their monthly fix....125 cars are hard to hide.