Greetings from Seoul, Korea | FerrariChat

Greetings from Seoul, Korea

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by hainboka, Apr 18, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hainboka

hainboka Rookie

Mar 31, 2012
    Seoul, Korea
    Full Name:
    T.Y. Simon Kim
    Greetings fellow members of FerrariChat:

My name is TY and I reside in Seoul, Korea. Yep, the country just south of the madman Kim of North Korea who threatens to nuke the South Korea, Japan and the US every day on CNN. Very exciting place but definitely not as exciting as getting into my new acquisition, 2004 575M F1 transmission, silver with black interior and 20,000 km in odometer. It looks better than my description.

I also wanted to take the liberty to bother all of you with a question since this is my first Ferrari and I don't know much about the F1 transmission. I used to drive a Porsche 996 4S with Tiptronics, which was a no brainer to drive. I also know that there has been a lot of threads on how to minimize the clutch wear on F1 transmission. However, could someone tell me what is the proper way to drive the car on manual mode in a stop and go traffic? And when the proper shifting needs to take place? Compared to my manual transmission car, it seems that I need to shift more often to higher gear. For example, I am almost on 4th gear driving at 60 km/h which is 40 mph. I would be very grateful if someone can advise me about the proper way to drive a F1 transmission in general but also stuck in the traffic jam. More descriptive the better.

Thank you.
    TY

2. Leonardo78

Leonardo78 Rookie

Sep 16, 2015
    Hi, how are you ? my name is Leonardo Del Bue, I have 37 years old, I'm a lawyer, I live in Argentina
    I wanted to ask, as from December 13 I will be in Seoul with my wife and son to visit my wife's family, as I commented am looking for information because he wanted to fulfill my dream to drive a ferrari at least a few minutes for this reason, if you know someone who wants to rent a Ferrari for 30 minutes, I would be ready to rent
    thanks and greetings