Xtremradial - Newbie from Geneva (CH) | FerrariChat

Xtremradial - Newbie from Geneva (CH)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Xtremradial, Dec 5, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Xtremradial

Xtremradial Rookie

Nov 14, 2013
    Watchland
    #1 Xtremradial, Dec 5, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    Hello everyone,

I am new to this chat and I think it is polite to introduce myself.

I am 39 years old and I run an external asset manager company in Geneva. I've created that entity after 12 years of hard work as a Private Banker. Banks being not anymore what they use to be, I thought it was a good idea to get client focus and more "flexible" ;)

Let's be straight here: I am in total love with the 599 GTB. For me it is the most gorgeous modern Ferrari money can buy and a future classic. I never had the chance to own a Ferrari until now and I hope this is going to change soon. I had some Porsches tho and all were absolutely great cars. My favorite was my 993 C2.

[​IMG]

I am also a track addicted. But for that I use a very cool track orientated Aprilia RSV4 (pics posted in the "show your bike" thread. That is my first Aprilia after a long series of Ducatis. Another very expensive hobby is watches.... but this is pretty normal when you live in this country!

If you guys have questions please shoot :)

2. Maser GTS

Maser GTS Karting

Sep 18, 2011
    Hello, I just saw your post.
    From 2002 until August 2007 my family and I lived in Meinier. We loved it. Then we had to move back to the States. Currently own an '09 Maser Grantourismo S with the Ferrari 599 transmission, along with a '95 M3. Wife drives an '08 Range Rover (Westminster) and older son drives a '14 Range Rover Sport (Autobiography). Around March, I will be getting an F12, my first Ferrari. Ordered in mid October of last year. I'm getting excited.
    Three impressions I took back from living in Geneva--1. Saw benefits of recycling. We continue doing that. Wish it was as easy to do it here as it was in Geneva; 2. Acquired a taste for Range Rovers. I didn't see enough of them in the States to like the look, but when seeing them on a fairly regular basis around Geneva, it is my preferred SUV; and 3. For the first time I realized that Ferraris could be daily drivers. Before then I thought that they were occasion use cars, that were hard to maintain and keep running. Then in Geneva, I would see them practically every day, even in winter. Saw them parked on the streets over night. Always loved Ferraris before then, but thought it made no sense to get one if they are regularly broken down. Then when in Geneva I realized that they could actually be driven. When I returned to US I tried to buy a new 599, but found out it was impossible without having prior experience with a dealer. I didn't want to buy a used one, as premium then was $50 to $100K. So I bought the Maser, and now 6 or 7 years later I will finally get the Ferrari!

3. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Welcome to FerrariChat!

You should post some photos of your watches... there are LOTS of guys with great watches here, and we all appreciate seeing someone else's collection!

Mike

4. Xtremradial

Xtremradial Rookie

Nov 14, 2013
    Watchland
    Maser GTS and mseals, thank you for your post.

It is true that you can see lots of Ferraris in Geneva, but not only. You find more Aston Martin and McLarens in the street that in London, lots of Lambos and other supercars. maybe due to the large percentage of commodity traders living here as bankers are more discrete in their car choices.....

5. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  6. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    WELCOME TO FCHAT!!!!

7. Xtremradial

Xtremradial Rookie

Nov 14, 2013
    Watchland
    thank you!! :)

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Welcome to Fchat. Sorry if i took you for a broker (Not that it is a bad thing :)). Love your (ex?) 993 with the 996 GT3 wheels. Beautiful color.

9. Xtremradial

Xtremradial Rookie

Nov 14, 2013
    Watchland
    No problem amenasce ;) unfortunately it is an ex.... :( gizz I loved that car