Hello from Canada | FerrariChat

Hello from Canada

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jamie42, Jan 19, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jamie42

Jamie42 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie Harris
    Hi All,

Been browsing the forum in my spare time for a while and decided to say hello.

I've been toying with the idea of getting my dream car but I'm having some doubts because of the harsh winter in Toronto.

Any Ferrari owners from cold climates here? What has it been like owning one in the cold?

I'd hate to have to store away my car like I do with my bike for 8 months of the year...

Thanks!

Jamie

2. 1988testarossa

Nov 6, 2013
    Niagara
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Hey Jamie

I've had my Ferrari down in the Niagara area for 2 winters now. It's a bit of a drag seeing it sit in the garage, but it makes that first nice day in the springtime very well worth the wait.
    Dont give up on a dream car, you just have to make it work!

Ian

3. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I own two and the first one for 15 years and drive them only 5 months a year from May to September and I enjoy them a lot. If you want one go ahead and do it. It is a rewarding experience. You also have the chance of being in a city where you have access to good shops to maintain it.

4. Jamie42

Jamie42 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jamie Harris
    Good point, I also figured I would get the excitement of buying it over and over again every time winter's over, since I'll look forward to driving it so much.

5. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Welcome aboard!

6. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    W. E. L. C. O. M. E.

7. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    There are a lot of guys from Canada posting on here so I'll bet you can find the info you seek. If there is a particular model that you are interested the model specific forums are a great way to find out everything you'd want to know.