Ferrari curious... | FerrariChat

Ferrari curious...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by billswim, Feb 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. billswim

billswim Rookie

Jan 31, 2014
    Oakland ca
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #1 billswim, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
    Hello Ferrari chat. I'm a life long Porsche guy. I've always loved the looks of the Ferrari's but when I got the chance to drive them, I was always a bit disappointed when comparing them to the feel of my Porsches. Granted my experience in Ferraris is fairly limited to short drives in a 308, 328, 512 boxer and 512 TR. While the Boxer is on my short list of favorite cars' aesthetically it was actually quite a disappointment to drive for me.

I run a Porsche repair business and have owned and driven hundreds of variations of Porsche. Usually when a customer asks if I will check out or work on his Ferrari, I refer them to my Ferrari indy who has the same Ferrari knowledge that I have with Porsches. I've seen so many hack repairs on Porsches that I don't want to be "that guy" with a Ferrari.

Long story short...I ended up with a '01 360 in the shop with a dead battery and in need of a smog test in order to sell for probate. Being an OBD2 car I HAD to put some significant miles/driving time on the car before it could be tested for California smog. I really enjoyed it! I've always liked the lines and looks of the 360 and since it was more modern I had hoped it would be a "better" car than the older Ferraris I had driven. It was, as far as my memory serves.

I ended up joining Ferrarichat to gather information on the model and be able to help the probate officer with any details that might be needed. This forum is pretty good. Lots of good info and I must say more entertaining than the Porsche forums ;p

I thinkI'll stick around and learn some more about these cars and maybe even put one in the stable at some point.

If you have porsche questions or need service in the SF bay area, drop me a PM

2. PRS Guitarist

PRS Guitarist Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2013
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Billswim,
    You will find some of the most opinionated and knowledgeable ferrari people on earth here, everyone has their favorite and any possible problem that could exist has been solved in at least one of the forums. All in all a great bunch of guys. Welcome aboard and bring your sense of humor.

3. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    Hello Bill.... are you an Arms Dealer, by any chance?

4. billswim

billswim Rookie

Jan 31, 2014
    Oakland ca
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Actually, I'm a billionaire arms dealer but too cheap to buy cars with anything but a salvage title! I'll be posting up lots of pics of my "collection" which is really just me at a car show taking pictures of other people's cars.

My only concern about fitting in here is I don't have any cat pics on my hard drove, lol.

5. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    HMMMM.....360 huh?

Oh heck yes!!!! There are some good threads in that section!