New Portuguese owner & enthusiast | FerrariChat

New Portuguese owner & enthusiast

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AlfistaPortoghese, Mar 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    Good evening everyone,

As promised to Mr.Patrick Gray via Facebook, here I am, ready to introduce myself.

I'm Nuno Rodrigues from Lisbon, Portugal. I'm 29, a fan of commercial aviation and I have bought last Tuesday my very first Ferrari!

I've already made my purchase adventure public here: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/portugal/441088-uma-aquisi%E7%E3o-dif%EDcil.html (in portuguese only).

It's a 1988 Mondial 3.2 Cabriolet rosso corsa, with 44.200km on the clock (roughly 27500mi), Ferrari Classiche certified. It has also the "distinction" of being the first Mondial 3.2 Cabriolet sold new in Portugal. I'm absolutely chuffed to bits. It's my first classic and my first Ferrari. I'm her fourth owner. The car has been properly maintained, with all major servicing done at Ferrari dealerships. She's almost in mint condition, with exception of small details, easy to fix. All in all, it defies belief that she's 26 already. For instance: the only issue with all of the interior is a small dead pixel in the digital clock!

I'm still getting used to the different driving position, with all three pedals much more to the right than in an ordinary car, as well as the sheer weight of the clutch, gear lever and steering. It's certainly a "man's car", as none of the controls can be operated lightly. I consider that not to be a defect, but typical of a true sports car. It doesn't put me off, on the contrary: it makes me fall in love.

I will as soon as weather permits (over here in Portugal, unfortunately, it's still raining a lot and temperatures are yet to reach Spring time levels, so that's a no go on getting my brand new 26 year-old Ferrari all wet, muddy and dirty) I'll post a few photos.

I look forward to learn from all of you, who have build a fantastic database with enormous dedication and passion. I also hope to give something back to the community, please feel free to contact me in each and every issue, I'll be more than happy to help in any way I can!

Kindest regards to all and thank you for having me,

Nuno Rodrigues.