New Members: Please forgive us... | FerrariChat

New Members: Please forgive us...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by El Wayne, May 1, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    We appreciate you posting an introduction here (we really do!), but please forgive us if we fail to respond with the warm welcome that your thread here deserves. As great of a forum as this is, we are just terrible at welcoming new members for some reason.

I'm serious. See all of the introductory threads here with one response, or even none at all? That's what I'm talking about. A new member joins, posts an enthusiastic "Hello," and no one responds. I think it's just that there is so much to to read here that this spot is often overlooked. Most of our regular users have a set group of subforums that they rotate through and this just isn't one of them.

Believe me, we're all happy to have you here, and we want to hear about your cars and your interests. When we meet up with you in the other subforums, we will be warm and welcoming. So please don't be put off by what might appear to be an apathetic response to your announced arrival. We're just so busy having fun that we forget to check in here from time to time to say "Hello" back. So, on behalf of all of us...

WELCOME! :):):)

2. gr355

gr355 Rookie

Mar 20, 2014
    Miami Fl
    Full Name:
    Gary Rosen
    I'm looking at several 355's. A few questions for those who know more than I. One particular car I'm looking at has not had a major service since February 2008. The owner insists that as he has only put about 7k miles on the car since, it is not needed, that mechanics are just trying to sell me service. The car itself is near perfect cosmetically and has just over 19k miles. It is a 98 model. I am also aware of the valve guide issue on some cars. Is there any definitive list of serial numbers or recall notices for cars affected with this? I am truly looking forward to owning a 355, preferably a Berlinetta. Any insights that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. I will certainly have a thorough PPI done before any purchase. Thanks Gary

Robert Jorgensen likes this.
  3. CAracer

CAracer Karting

Oct 26, 2012
    Pflugerville, Texas
    Full Name:
    John Blanor
    Hi,

I just signed up as a new Silver member. How long does it take before I can post ads?

I wanted to list my car For Sale and when I try to post, I get a message that I'm not a member.

Thanks,

John

4. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hi Gary,
    If you are still looking you should post that question in the 355 section. This area is not looked at too often as El Wayne mentioned above. Regarding the 355, after 6 years and 7000 miles it needs a major service factored into your offer.

5. uvac79

uvac79 Rookie

May 27, 2008
    i joined so that i can help my uncle sell his 98 355. No relation to the buyer on other post. I'm here in md and have listed the car on ebay.

6. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Gary, please post this in the 348/355 section. The guys there will know, and can answer all your questions.

Mike

7. mseals

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    uvac79,

Your eBay may, or may not, show up in the eBay section.

My advice is for your to subscribe, and post the car for sale in FerrariAds.

Mike

8. marora88

marora88 Rookie

Aug 9, 2007
    los angeles
    Full Name:
    manoja rora
    How do I start a new topic?

9. pozziLaLa

pozziLaLa Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 3, 2014
    Thanks for the HU! d:

Rather than creating another thread I'll use this as an opportunity to say hello.

-pozziLaLa

10. rustybits

rustybits F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jan 28, 2007
    Somewhere, anywhere
    Full Name:
    Eddie B
    Subscribed as I've been a member for many years, and thought it time to support the site with more than technical info! Keep up the good work rob!

Eddie.

11. jcraig66

jcraig66 Rookie

Jan 3, 2015
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jordan Craig
    Hello All,

I'm a brand new member looking to help fulfil my life long dream to own a 308. I've come tantalizingly close many times but I think It's going to happen this time. Just finished a restoration of a 71 MGB and gave it to my father, so now there is room again for something else.

Nice to meet you,

Jordan Craig

12. mseals

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Welcome to FerrariChat, Jordan.

Do you have any photos of the MG restoration? If so, post some in the "British' section of the forum... there are quite a few guys who like to see what the work looks like in progress.

Mike

13. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    The 'new member' threads would get way more posts if they all included their serial numbers.

Redheaded Ed likes this.
  14. jcraig66

jcraig66 Rookie

Jan 3, 2015
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Jordan Craig
    Thank you Mike. That's a great idea, I'll post the photos shortly.

Best,

Jordan

15. INFAMOUS

INFAMOUS Rookie

Jan 15, 2015
    DXB-ATX
    Full Name:
    Automotive Puppeteer
    I am so hurt only one person welcomed me :(....

That's fine, I'll post whore in other sub-forums lol.

16. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Its a tough room.
    ;)

17. INFAMOUS

INFAMOUS Rookie

Jan 15, 2015
    DXB-ATX
    Full Name:
    Automotive Puppeteer
    Honestly you guys seem really down to earth here... All good

-Infamous

18. 456MGTA2000

456MGTA2000 Rookie

May 7, 2015
    Amsterdam Netherland
    Full Name:
    Lars
    Hi there,

Just let you know i'm new at the forum, i have read a lot here over the years, and owning a Ferrari now myself made me sign up.

Grat medium this is, keep it up !

19. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Welcome!

20. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Welcome all new members!! Yes we rarely look in here. Welcome nevertheless.

21. martiy1971

martiy1971 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2015
    Alberta
    Full Name:
    Robert Martineau
    Hi there,

Although I have lurked for awhile I am a new owner(first Ferrari) from Canada with a 2005 F1 430 Rosso Corso, Nero combo.

Thanks to forums like this helping to educate newbies like myself, it has taken a lot of the uncertainty out of buying a used Ferrari, so thank you.

Jojo3068 likes this.
  22. Tatooine

Tatooine Rookie

Jun 8, 2015
    Geneva (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Pierre
    Just a quick hello from Switzerland where I am seriously considering to buy my first Ferrari. Probably F430 spider or California but that's something that I would sort out after having consulted the expert point of view on a different section of the forum.

Hopefully one day I would be able to help other newbies like me.

Thanks to y'all for all the help and advices that you provide.

23. martiy1971

martiy1971 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2015
    Alberta
    Full Name:
    Robert Martineau
    Same for me, subscribed but am not being shown as a member....yet.

24. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Send a PM to Rob Lay (click here to do so), he's the administrator and will be able to look into it for you. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

25. loventheF430

loventheF430 Rookie

Jul 19, 2015
    Hi my name is Adele,
    I love Ferrari's as much today, as I did when I bought my first Ferrari back in '94. It was an F430 Spider convertible, built, if i remember correctly, as a V8 with 312hp. Many long and memorable road trips were taken in this ravishingly red ferrari and all equally enjoyed!

Looking forward to hearing about other people's ferrari experiences and hearing the latest news and gossip about these cars that transport you to more than just places!

Jojo3068 likes this.