Long time FChat stalker | FerrariChat

Long time FChat stalker

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by boilerup1998, May 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boilerup1998

boilerup1998 Rookie

Apr 7, 2014
    Indiana
    Hello all! I've been a long time stalker of the forum, but never posted. I always think that it's better to sit back and listen for a while before chiming in on forums.

I'm about a year from purchase at this point. I'm in Indiana where we don't have a lot of inventory available and no certified dealers. I have been watching a lot of "semi-local" sellers in Chicago, Dublin, OH... since I would like to drive and see the car before buying. I'm very nervous about buying a car sight unseen, even with a PPI. Also, I would like to buy at least semi-local, so that I can have a good relationship with the seller who would do my maintenance.

My question would be, how do I know that the person doing my PPI is going to give me the true story on the car? I've heard of dealers offering kickbacks to these people who are supposed to have the buyers best interest at stake. As I understand it, you really can't hold the person doing the PPI liable for anything they might miss even if it is obvious. Is there a list of trusted PPI people on the forum somewhere?

Thanks for your help and great forum!
    Jon