Hello from Houston, Texas! | FerrariChat

Hello from Houston, Texas!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jakeg104, May 17, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jakeg104

jakeg104 Karting

Jan 8, 2014
    TX
    Full Name:
    Jake G
    Hi folks, wanted to quickly introduce myself, been lurking on these forums for a while now. I'm an avid BMW, Porsche and Mercedes guy who now wants to add a F car to the collection. Still unsure if its going to be a 360, 430 or 599 so have been reading up a lot on these forums to soak up knowledge!

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?) I am still very undecided on which model; part of me wants to 'work up the ranks' and get the 360 first, enjoy her, then get the 430, etc, etc. I've got car ADD, so it might be my course.

I'm definitely sold on a 6 speed, whichever car i get (will be a bit of a challenge with the 599 due to its limited production numbers).

I've so far driven the 430 (coupe and spider, F1 and 6spd) as well as the 599.

My good friend has a 360 spider 6spd, so will be going with him next week to experience his car. Its pristine; 14k miles, Grigio Titanio/Cuoio Sport Seats, Capristo exhaust, 430 wheels.

Thanks!
    Jake

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Drop by Sphere Motors on West 11th St. They have a pretty good assortment of cars to look thru that might help in your decision.

mbrandonmotors has a beautiful blue 430 F1 in there, and was willing to let my try the paddles.
    Said we might like it!!

Welcome!

Don't ever miss Francos party, at Valobras Jewelry in Highland Village!!

3. jakeg104

jakeg104 Karting

Jan 8, 2014
    TX
    Full Name:
    Jake G
    Thanks for the welcome!

I actually know Mark, so have been there quite a few times, in fact his place isnt too far from my home.

I actually drove that car! Very nice car, but just couldn't appreciate TDF on the 430. It seems to look amazing on the 360.
    Ferrari 360 Modena Coupe 2 Door | eBay

I've also been to a few of Franco's parties as well as have done some of the Ferrari Club events with a few friends of mine who own Ferraris. Always a great experience and well organized events!

4. jakeg104

jakeg104 Karting

Jan 8, 2014
    TX
    Full Name:
    Jake G
    I actually know Mark, so have been to Sphere a few times, plus he is pretty close to my house.

I actually drove that TDF car! Pretty nice car, although I couldn't personally fully appreciate the 430 in TDF, 360's for some reason look gorgeous in that color; maybe the lines are different?
    Ferrari 360 Modena Coupe 2 Door | eBay

i've also been to a few of Franco's events as well as some of the events organized by F Club, got a few other friends who have Ferraris and have been lucky to be invited by them. Great times for sure!