308 Hunt is on! | FerrariChat

308 Hunt is on!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Photorunner, Jun 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Photorunner

Photorunner Rookie

Jun 3, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    N Simonis
    Hi, I'm new to the site and I'm looking to buy my first Ferrari. I'm wanting to get a 1985 308 GTS QV. It is a car I have wanted since I was is high school, some 28 yrs ago. My wife gave me the thumbs up about a month ago to buy one. I have been checking the internet, calling car dealers and having my info placed on list with no luck. The cars I do find don't stay for sale long. So here I am, I posted an Wanted Ad on the site a day back. I have had over 200 hits but no replies. Am I showing any red flags? Is there a better way to find a 308? I'm not a dealer or a flipper or a broker, just want to buy a Ferrari 308 to drive for fun. I'm very serious and ready to buy. I live in the Columbus Ohio area. I'm a commercial photographer and a car guy. Please reply with any comments. Thanks

Nathan Simonis

2. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    #2 Todd308TR, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    Welcome Nathan come on down to the 308 section. If you are going to limit yourself to one year you need to jump when you find one that is acceptable.

3. Photorunner

Photorunner Rookie

Jun 3, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    N Simonis
    Hi Todd, Thanks for the Welcome! I did find one but it has rust in about 7 or 8 spots and could cost $5000.00 to $7000.00 to fix it. Not sure I want to start with rust on my first Ferrari.

Nathan

4. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Rust on an 85? That is bad.

5. Photorunner

Photorunner Rookie

Jun 3, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    N Simonis
    Yes an 85, it has 34,000 mile and 30,000 mile service done two years ago. So in good shape other than the rust.

6. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    #7 greyboxer, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
    Are you sure - this is a 30 year old car - its bound to have some or have had some - the fact of it being with the slightly improved rust-proofing won't protect it from age & poor steel

eg http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/143122132-post62.html

7. Photorunner

Photorunner Rookie

Jun 3, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    N Simonis
    That is a great car but a 1985 GTS is the car I want.

8. Ericjump

Ericjump Rookie

Jun 6, 2014
    Seneca, SC
    Full Name:
    Eric Barnhill
    How about passing along info about the rusty 308, Thanks
    Ericjump

9. Photorunner

Photorunner Rookie

Jun 3, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    N Simonis
    Hi Eric

I will check to see if it still for sale.

Nathan

10. Photorunner

Photorunner Rookie

Jun 3, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    N Simonis
    Hi Todd,

I saw that on ebay too. Hoping for US version. But thanks for the info.!!

Nathan

11. Dave360inAZ

Dave360inAZ Rookie

May 3, 2014
    Peoria, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dave Farney
    1986 Ferrari 328 GTS Euro Edition, Red/Black Leather, 31,690 Miles

1986 Ferrari 328 GTS Euro model. Rosso Corsa original paint with black all leather interior, including dash. Excellent cosmetic and mechanical condition. Major service completed on 5/19/2009 including all belts, belt tensioner, shift shaft seals, gear box gasket, oil pan gasket, and water pump. Recent service completed on 6/16/2010 including new clutch cable, oil and filter change, brake fluid flush, and new A/C dryer with freon. Services completed at Ferrari of Central Florida and Speedworks Ferrari Racing Services. Mechanics can be contacted upon request. All scheduled maintenance with documentation. Ready to drive for years without worries. Always garaged.

Found on classyauto.com

12. Dave360inAZ

Dave360inAZ Rookie

May 3, 2014
    Peoria, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dave Farney
    Motorcar Studio Atlanta, GA Stock #: 341EM

1985 Ferrari 308 GTB QV
    Price Make An Offer Email for Price
    Get An Auto Loan
    Check Availability
    Mileage 133,573
    MPG N/A
    Engine Not Applicable
    Transmission 5-Spd Manual
    Fuel Unspecified
    Exterior Color Corsa Red
    Interior Tan
    VIN Click Here For VIN
    Last update: 1 hour ago 116 people viewed this vehicle

Request InformationFirst Name*:Last Name*:Email*:phone:Comments: Subscribe to Motorcar Studio Inventory Alert emails
       By clicking the "Send Message" button you agree to our Terms and Conditions
    1985 Ferrari 308 GTB QV Description
    Motorcar Studio is pleased to offer a rare opportunity to get into a desirable 1985 Ferrari 308 GTB Quattrovalvole at a reasonable price point. This is a higher-mileage example, but it runs, drives and shows well with up-to-date service, extensive records dating back to new and long-term enthusiast ownership. No accidents, clean CarFax and clear title. Red over tan, the seats have been re-trimmed in correct leather with embossed prancing horse on headrests. There are a few minor blemishes inside and out but overall the car shows beautifully and in keeping with age and mileage. Attractive 16-inch QV wheels with nearly new Kumho tires. Euro front bumper. Performance is strong; the car has seen a recent tune up and crank sensors, belts in 2013, gearbox has been rebuilt and feels good, clutch is newer, fusebox has been upgraded to the Birdman unit, windows are fast, etc. There are too many records to outline here (we have a two-inch thick folder) but we are happy to go over all of them with you. Original books and jack in bag are included. Scuff in windshield from wiper, A/C compressor was removed during last belt service with intent of converting to rotary compressor (old compressor is included). We are also experienced with the RetroAir upgrade for these cars -- please inquire for more information. If you are shopping for a concours 308 GTB, keep looking and be prepared to pay up -- but if you want one to actually drive and enjoy, this one may be the perfect car. With only 749 GTB QVs produced they just don't come on the market very often. These are lovely cars to spend time in -- I just spent a weekend driving the Blue Ridge Parkway in this car where it performed flawlessly. We always welcome you or your inspector. Domestic and international shipping available at reasonable rates. Give us a call at 404-692-5250 for a thorough walk-around of the car.

On carsforsale.com

13. Dave360inAZ

Dave360inAZ Rookie

May 3, 2014
    Peoria, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dave Farney
    I found that the best site was carsforsale.com. Check it out.

14. Photorunner

Photorunner Rookie

Jun 3, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    N Simonis
    Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info.

Nathan