New member! | FerrariChat

New member!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Deep-House, Jul 7, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Deep-House

Deep-House Rookie

Jul 7, 2014
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Jacob
    Hello all,

I've just joined this forum but I'm an active member on some others. I've never owned a Ferrari but I'm considering making the leap. The last decent car I owned was a G35 coupe but that was about 10 years ago and a lot has changed since then ;). Can anyone suggest a good place to start schooling myself so I can make an intelligent decision? I'm located in NYC.

Thanks in advance,

Jacob

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hi Jacob, well you are a breath of fresh air for a newbie!

Here is where I would advise you to start. First spend many hours in this forum reading through all the threads for modern F cars in the models section. Also read many of the general discussion threads. You need to look for F car events and cars and coffee events in your area. Attend them and talk with current owners. Go prepared with intelligent questions (not how much did you pay, what do you do).

Once you start to get a feel for things, don't hesitate to start a thread or ask a relevant question in an existing thread. Good luck!

3. sltillim

sltillim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 22, 2009
    San Diego
    If you are in NYC I would go talk to those guys at Classic Car Club Manhattan.

4. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Welcome Jacob! You will find a wealth of knowledge here and good luck in your search for your first Ferrari.

5. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Welcome to F chat
    There is a world of knowledge and support here. Maintenance history and records as in a complete set or the last few years goes a long way, know your limits and have a few grand on hand for that fine tuning and sorting out issues that will surface. I trashed the shrink and babble on here, you can get quick expert advice and direction or catch hell like me, all is good ....... And I just got back from a drive around town, damn I love these cars.