one stolen ... two left | FerrariChat

one stolen ... two left

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 2281GT, Aug 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 2281GT

2281GT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus
    #1 2281GT, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi All,

I'm Markus from Bremen/northern germany and I'm the owner of 2281GT, wich was stolen at the 9th of August 2014 at the Nürburgring/germany. Needless to say, that I'm in a desperate state because of the loss of my baby and that ANY help is very warm welcome, to get her back. Please see the thread at the vintage section for Details:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/vintage-thru-365-gtc4-sponsored-vintage-driving-machines/457587-stolen-250gte.html

Beside this missing beauty I also like my two others, my 1980 308GT4 (silver/red) and my 1984 208 turbo GTS (white/black), although they are a bit young (jet).
    I was registered here years ago, but was only reading along. Now I hope to get round to write a bit more ...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Welcome, Markus!

Is there any news at all on your missing car?

Mike

3. 2281GT

2281GT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus
    not jet :-(

4. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    Markus, what a shame such a beautiful car got stolen! I wonder what the thieves plan to do with it? I don't think it's easy to get a vintage Ferrari out of the country!

(Und nebenbei, Willkommen bei FChat :))

5. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    What a shame.. I guess they will probably dismantle it and sell the parts? Perhaps slowly over time. The thought of it is painful!

6. 2281GT

2281GT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Anyone, who's interested in those vintage Ferrari knows, that almost every relevant part of her was marked during the assembly in 1961 to make sure, the right part is mounted at the right car.
    Totaly senseless to try selling any part of her.

7. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Let's hope this was an all original car or that all the assembled parts markings were carefully catalogued. And further that it is not hard to remove the markings..

8. 2281GT

2281GT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2006
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Markus
    I have catalogued all the markings during the complete nut and bolt restoration and have photographs of all of them. Sure, the markings can be removed, but who buys only one part without comprehensible history ?

If you know, that there has to be a marking on this particular part, and there isn't any ....
    ... What - in this particular situation - do you think about the seller ?

9. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    I think as long as the word us out eventually someone would figure it out and have the decency to turn in the seller...

One thought that may have already occurred to you but I'll mention anyway. Suppose the thieves are super small time and just wanted to take the trailer and we're surprised at what was inside--which they may not even know how to value and or monetize. It may make sense to offer a reward no question asked for the car..My apologies if that is a super obvious suggestion.

The tricky part would be making sure they see the reward notice. Feels terrible to pay these losers.. But a shame to lose such am amazing rare car forever...