Drove my "new" 355F1 home yesterday | FerrariChat

Drove my "new" 355F1 home yesterday

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kenb, Aug 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kenb

kenb Rookie

Jun 29, 2014
    malibu, ca
    Full Name:
    ken b
    Drove my "new" 355F1 home yesterday from Redwood City. CA. Here is a link to it......
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1-QHnyh6Fg

Bought the car in early july, sight unseen after viewing it online. since i was out of the country. This weekend, finally i able to fly up to san francisco on friday to drive it back down to oceanside, ca. It just so happened that this weekend was the monterrey car event and heading back home on friday, turned off hwy 101, hit the 1, pacific coast hwy and made it to carmel, then after sitting in traffic for 30 minutes and deciding i wasn't prepared for spending time at the show, made a U-turn towards the 101 and continued my trip to oceanside. On the way back, i noticed many nice classic cars and quite a few friendly Ferrari drivers, who waved to me, which made me feel like i was missing out on meeting some really good people! Hope to meet some of you over the next year and make the trip back up to Monterrey in 2015.

After the fresh new fuel went through the system, the car ran fine. When i decided to drive the car back home i mistakenly thought it was 350 miles, then after i bought the ticket, realized it was a 500 mile drive!.... a long drive, though that's not always a bad thing, especially in a "new" Ferrari. Glad i drove it home rather than having the car shipped.

As a note, on the highway drive back home, i noticed people seem to treat a Ferrari , at least an older one differently they they do with my 2103 jaguar xkr. With the xkr, on any given drive, there is always some honda or audi or mustang looking to shoot in front of me and play a game. With the 355, people just looked and in the fast lane, moved over and let me drive right on by. Even the cops were cool, with all the summer traffic, only had the car up to 115 or so a couple of times on the trip home, then late at night was going about 90, so confident with the radar detector, then suddenly a car came up from behind, which must have been running well over 100 slowed down on my passenger side and as i looked over at it, could clearly see the CHP (california hwy patrol) emblem plastered on the driver door! Immediately i hit the brake and he pushed on the gas pedal and continued speeding on. Wonder if he would have given me a break in the jag... probably not.
    Anyway, there were 3 times CPH came up running fast behind me then passed on by and the detector never gave a signal.

2. 4respy

4respy Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2014
    los angeles
    Full Name:
    steve
    congrats on your new 355!

3. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Welcome to F chat, get the detector checked ... Lol.

4. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Congrats, what a great color! Now put some miles on that thing!

5. DevonL

DevonL Formula 3

Mar 13, 2010
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Devon
    Congratulations on the purchase! Enjoy the car, she's beautiful!

6. leggs

leggs Karting

Apr 5, 2007
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Full Name:
    Matthew Rapoport
    Congrats!!! Looking forward to making a similar post.

7. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Congrats on your new rig , enjoy bro

8. Boardwalk Boutique

Jul 12, 2012
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Sara M.
    Congrats on your 355!

9. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    Congrats, and welcome to F-Chat!

10. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Welcome!

And, thanks for posting the video.... I would bet good money you were smiling the whole trip!

Mike