HELP WITH VALUE | FerrariChat

HELP WITH VALUE

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Pilotdennis, Sep 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pilotdennis

Pilotdennis Rookie

Sep 23, 2014
    Florida
    Full Name:
    DE Dixon
    Hello All...
    I am new to the forum and have an opportunity to buy a 1993 348 Ferrari with 23,000 miles.
    Cosmetically it's wonderful. Engine replaced at 68,00 miles with a 320 HP F.N.A. motor
    it has fiberglass seats covered and special wheels. it is of course Red and Buckskin brown interior. it drives out nice, and has just a few "Small" issues. it's been sitting for about 4 years in A/C garage and run infrequently since.
    Not sure what to offer for it ?????? They are asking $60,000 for it but I believe that's a bit high.
    I am told it is 1 of 100 for that year and 15 more were made in 94 ???
    Any help out there would be appreciated thank you all for your interest and help.... Perhaps I will be an owner next time I post...
    I am a Commercial pilot and have MUCH interest in the car!!!!

2. BJJ

BJJ Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2014
    Hi Dennis,

Welcome in this very helpful community. This thread, though, is likely to be overlooked by most, was the same in my case. Perhaps you post it somewhere else, e.g. in the model specific thread?

I do not know about the US market prices. Here in Germany cars in an usable state and comparable milage start at about 52,000 USD and end in the mid 60s, the later having a full service record and recent big service.

"Small issues" can result in large money, so beware and try to get some chap to have a look at the car, who knows about the weak points of the particular model. I personally have the experience that cars having sat a longer time develop quite a lot of "small issues", and even larger ones, when taken into use again.

I would in any case prefer a car, where the vendor has completed a big service within the last year and can provide according documentation about what has been done.

Good luck,

Cheers, Bernhard

3. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    You need to do some more homework - it is just possible it is one of the 348SS - but non-use & minor issues suggests a very thoro PPI is required - spend some time in the 348 section here & at My Ferrari 348

Also does 68,00 mean 6,800 or 68,000 : big difference !

4. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Hi. Place your post in the 348 section for better success. Not many of us check here often.
    Unfortunately I don't know anything about 348s. Good luck.

5. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Ditto on the Pre Purchase inspection.
    As mentioned "small" issues can come with a big price tag, thinking you mean 6800 miles ? If you drive it the value seems to fall a bit, that's why I have only put 3000 miles on my 355 this year ... So far ;)

6. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    The posters before me are right... you may want to ask your question in the 348/355 forum.

Welcome!

Mike