Ferarri Berlinetta vs. C7 | FerrariChat

Ferarri Berlinetta vs. C7

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jadair88, Nov 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jadair88

jadair88 Rookie

Nov 10, 2014
    Hello I am a new member and currently a student at a local community college. I am doing an analytical report on the Berlinetta vs. the new Corvette C7. I would like to get some feedback from a driver that has driven both of these cars.

I have a few questions for the driver such as handling comparisons, choice of purchase, price affect decision, performance etc.

Any info would be appreciated! If you have not driven the C7 any feedback on the Berlinetta would help! Thanks in advance and hope to get some replies.

Thanks

James

2. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Which Berlinetta ?

3. mikelfrance

mikelfrance Formula Junior

Apr 15, 2014
    I have a C7. I have driven the F12.

The C7 a nice car built for a price. It shows it's obvious flaws in quality and cost reduction you would expect from a GM product. The paint and details are frankly awful for a mass produced car from a major maker. It's fast enough for getting around town. It makes a good daily driver.

It is no F12.

Trying to compare the two is like trying to compare a Big Mac with Filet Mignon. Both will fill your stomach. Only one will make you feel like you've eaten something special.

Corvette C7 = $65,000
    Ferrari F12 = $330,000

Is it worth it? If you could afford a delicious steak for dinner over a boring mass produced burger served cold in a cardboard box, which would you choose?

4. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    You are qualifying the burger as "boring" and the steak as "delicious". Those adjectives are misleading. It would have been more accurate to say a delicious burger vs. a delicious steak.

The burger is obviously lower quality meat than the filet mignon. However, the Corvette was not described by you as "boring", rather it was a good daily driver.

So the question might be more appropriate as do you prefer a delicious burger or a delicious steak?

Some might prefer the burger...just sayin'...

5. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley

I do not see the confusion, the op was pretty clear that the F12 is in a different league than the C7, just like a Big Mac from Mcdonalds can hardly be compared with one of the best cuts of steak "Filet Mignon". I own a C6....decent car but not even worth mentioning in the same category as an F430.

6. Carbuilder

Carbuilder Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2012
    Bolton, ON
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Like what? Switches that get all sticky? Leather that shrinks on the dash? Headers that crack? Cats that decompose? Oh......wait a minute......wrong car.....sorry.

7. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Are you kidding?

Lol.

8. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I look at it this way. You can only go so fast ont he street, and anything from a 360-458 to a C6-C7 os going to be way more capable of speed than is realisticaly possible on the road.

The differences then for all practical puposes are cost of purchasing and running vs driving experience, and new vs used.

Beer and realyl good red wine both get you hammered, just differntly. A beer you can drink every day, pull the tab and you are ready to go. Great red wine more of a special occasion, let it breathe first savor the taste. Two different things for different moods and occasions.

A Ferrari is not an every day car, its fast and controlls feel very immediate all the time.

For track fun, yeah a ferrari may be more entertainign for 1 or two track day here and there, but running costs beyond that are ruinous. Whereas a C6 Z06 can go days and days all year for comparative chump change.

If it were me and the choice was between say a C7 Z06 and a 430 the C7 Z06 would win hands down. Now if it were a choice between C7 Z06 and a 430 scud I woudl really have to think about it, and a speciale woudl be no decision to make.

But If I were comparing for road use a regular z51 C7 to a 360/430 with a stick it would be the ferrai hands down, even though the ferrari would be used vs a new evtte. If I were tracking a lot it would be the vette.

To me its not just the numbers, because all these cars have exceptional numbers on road, but the whole package and what you are going to use it for guides the decsion, than and running costs.

9. DiabloTerr

DiabloTerr Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2010
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Terrance Findley
    +1. This is about as fair assessment as one can find.

10. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Not what he said.

About the C7:

Did you read anything about it being "boring" there? I read that the quality was sub par, but what you would expect from a mass produced car.

About the Big Mac:

I read that a Big Mac is boring and served cold. Is that what he said about the C7?

Not debating that Big Mac is of lesser quality than a filet mignon. I'm debating that he did NOT say the C7 was boring and cold (although he may well feel that way, that's not the impression I got from the statement).

11. Voda

Voda Formula 3

Oct 10, 2013
    Seattle
    +1 :)

12. Zcobra1

Zcobra1 Formula 3

Oct 9, 2012
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Bert
    For some 411, One of the car magazines tested these 2 cars along with others in a comparo....