Newby 308 GTSi owner in UK | FerrariChat

Newby 308 GTSi owner in UK

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by stonker, Nov 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stonker

stonker Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Stonker
    Hi, I've just purchased my first Ferrari an 81 308GTSi red with tan interior. It's having a cam belt service and a few bits and pieces looked at and I should pick it up next week. Obviously very excited. Hawaiian shirt also on order.
    Any other owners got a hints, tips etc for living with a GTSi? I know it has a reputation of not being the fastest 308 but that doesn't bother me. It has the same beautiful looks as the other models and well it's a Ferrari!!!!!

2. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Awesome and welcome to F chat, my first F car was a 328 GTS.
    NO IT DOES NOT HAVE 400 hp but you can still scare yourself with it. Enjoy it, drive it and that smile will be there long after you turn it off and go inside. Go to the 308/328 Forum to learn about and talk to other 308 owners. I am certain you will enjoy the experience, remember to stare at it when you get it home next week with that "I can't believe I have a Ferrari in MY garage" look ...... Enjoy the experience.

Be sure to post some pictures ;)

3. stonker

stonker Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2012
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Stonker
    Summed up how I feel perfectly!!!!

4. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    Welcome, Graham!

5. 308Dadoo

308Dadoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2010
    Aliso Viejo CA
    Full Name:
    David
    Welcome to FChat Graham. I, like you, also own an 81 308 GTSi. Mine's Grigio and Tan. It's been five years and after an early Saturday morning at the Irvine Cars & Coffee I put it back in my garage and say wow "that belongs to me!". Feels real good after taking 35 years to get one.