New member huge car enthusiast | FerrariChat

New member huge car enthusiast

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MonzaRed, Nov 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MonzaRed

MonzaRed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 26, 2014
    CT
    Hello all, my names Christian I am 18 years old and a huge car enthusiast and my obsession for cars started before I could walk! I'm from connecticut and am currently just wrapping up my first semester of my freshman year in college. The one thing I love more than cars is italian ones, being my whole family is from mellili, sicilia and Ferrari's where always a goal of mine. A little about myself, other than being a huge car enthusiast (favorite marques go Lancia, Ferrari, Alfa, Porsche in that order and I know about as much as someone who doesn't own one could about those cars) I'm a buisness management major with the long time dream if owning my own specialty dealership one day, but besides that fantasy I strive to become a Buisness man if that fantasy never takes flight. I don't know exactly what I want to do because I'm only 18 and it's impossible to tell the future and what it brings, but I often find myself entertaining the idea of being a automotive sales manager but the hours turn me off because nothing is as important as family. As of late I've my goal of owning a Ferrari has become even bigger to me, but I've also been thinking about the very real and fearful (to myself, personally) possibility of never being able to own a Ferrari. Weirdly enough, the last 3 times I had that thought I found myself driving by or next to one like yesterday, when a speciale appeared out of nowhere. Not sure if it's a sign from the big guy upstairs or just coincidence, but either way I do want to own a newer Ferrari one day and not because there expensive or that most people can't afford one but because my love and passion for cars has drawn me to them long as I can remember. Anyways, I've chosen to go to college because a buisness degree to better myself for my future and to find a career, not a "job" that I'll love doing and be successful with and hopefully people will notice! I've wanted to sign up for this forum for at least the last year but was hesitant due to my age, but anyways hope to interact with you all and see your amazing cars! My favorite Ferrari by the way is the 458, favorite car is the lancia delta integrale evoluzione 1.

2. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
    Welcome to F-Chat, Christian!

3. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Christian ... Glad you jumped right in, lots of knowledge and a bit of BS. You might even find your first exotic car right here on F chat ;)
    DEFINATELY get your education under your belt first, but you have our permission to drool over nice cars til you get your own.
    Welcome aboard.

4. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Welcome to fchat !

5. MonzaRed

MonzaRed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 26, 2014
    CT
    Thank you all for the warm welcoming. I do wanna say I wish I didn't have to put the "Future ferrari owner" bracket in the thread name. I'm very superstitious and feel like I jynxed myself and looked arrogant while doing it. Thought I would share that lol.

6. MonzaRed

MonzaRed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 26, 2014
    CT
    Thank you especially for your view on my situation. I'm doing my best to get my degree right now and hopefully I'll get it in the time I want it by 3> years

7. MB_Fahrer

MB_Fahrer Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2009
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Rick
    6 years ago I was 18 and I never thought I'd own an Fcar by now, but low and behold I have a three pedal 360 sitting in my garage. So work hard, have good people around you, stay away from girls (they take away precious car $$$ after all!), and unless Obama really hikes up taxes, in a couple of years you'll have one too.

Things have a way of working out. Especially if you know how to use the head on your shoulders.

8. Seaninhongkong

Seaninhongkong Karting

Sep 8, 2014
    Chicago USA
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Christian, hi, I echo this advise, you have to work hard. If it was easy, everyone would do it and everyone would have Ferraries. Do what other people aren't willing to do. Work hard, save money = Ferrari. And some patience too!

9. MonzaRed

MonzaRed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 26, 2014
    CT
    Thank you for the kind and inspirational response. I have a very good head on my shoulders at my age and know the importance of my decisions at this age. Mind if I ask you if you went to college? And if you did what did u major in / you do. A 360 at 24 is absolutely amazing! (360 is one of my favorite Ferrari designs)

10. MonzaRed

MonzaRed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 26, 2014
    CT
    Thank you I will try my hardest!

11. AndrewJM

AndrewJM Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2012
    Norfolk, VA
    Welcome! Fellow college student here. I'm currently a junior majoring in economics. Haven't owned a Ferrari yet (dad has one), but do have two Porsche's under my belt. Just do well in school and your effort will pay off in the future. Also, I recommend enjoying your youth, so if you ever have any spare cash laying around, consider just buying a cheap project car (like an old Porsche or BMW) and fixing it up to sell for a profit. The experience will be fun, educational, and possibly profitable.

12. DDD

DDD Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2011
    Full Name:
    Domenic
  13. MonzaRed

MonzaRed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 26, 2014
    CT
    I don't have the money right now to go to that! I'm in Ct but thank you for the kind gesture if I was closer I would go. I know some people on this forum have alot of money because they're fully employed and some who may be around my age get every penny handed to them, but I'm not that type of 18 year old or college student. I've worked for what I want, and when I bought my first car I put forward half with my own hard earned money. I would love to go, but for me it's just wasting cash.

14. MonzaRed

MonzaRed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 26, 2014
    CT
    I appreciate your response, but I'm looking for people to respond who are on this forum and own or have owned ferraris and worked there way to them like most do. I rarely seek advice from a college student, and buying a old porsche or bmw usually doesn't turn a profit with just spare cash (each person has a different definition). Being in college I'm sure you know it isn't easy to work and earn money due to a tight schedule (I still put it 25-30 hrs a week) and being I don't take handouts it isn't too easy to buy a "old porsche or bmw" unless it's a 944 or 325is which is nearly impossible to turn a profit on. If someone was to buy me a old e30 m3 I would love to clean it up and make it go from project to showcar, but I don't Take any handouts

15. MonzaRed

MonzaRed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 26, 2014
    CT
    And what Porsche's do you have under your belt I would love to know? Also you must have a really good job or internship to have bought yourself two Porsche's! I would love to know some tips on how you landed those positions

16. AndrewJM

AndrewJM Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2012
    Norfolk, VA
    #16 AndrewJM, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    I've had two 928's. One is a bit of a garage queen, while the other was a project car I bought for $2,700 and sold for a small profit… nothing significant, but it was a fun experience. Earned the money from detailing cars (will admit that my parents mostly paid for the first 928… was my first car). Happily, 928's are beginning to increase in value, so I rarely ever use my first 928.

17. MonzaRed

MonzaRed Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 26, 2014
    CT
    The neighbor of my family beach house has an all original 928 he bought new with under 10k on it from what I've been told. It looks showroom fresh. I try to keep my eyes peeled for a post 87 944 to fix up and keep for myself. I have a feeling they are going to skyrocket in value soon. Funny you say you detail cars, I do that on the side as well lol. Must be a car enthusiast trait

18. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I just happened to catch this thread and notice you are a college student in Norfolk Va ?. I am an alumni of ODU i don't suppose you also go to that school ?.. I did much of what you describe while I was in college back in the 70s.. worked out ok for me.. sounds like you have a very good start.

19. AndrewJM

AndrewJM Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2012
    Norfolk, VA
    #19 AndrewJM, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    Whoa! Do you happen to know if this guy is interested in selling? Always on the lookout for a nice 928! It's my favorite car. Really hoping that they skyrocket in value soon. The GTS's have already taken off. They are such great cars and were way ahead of their time… especially in regards to styling. Look at the new AMG GT coming out next year and tell me if you don't see a little (or a lot) of 928.

Detailing cars is just a great way to be around nice cars, and to make a little bit of money off of it. I made some connections with the local Porsche club here, and get to detail quite a few Porsche's.

20. AndrewJM

AndrewJM Formula Junior

Jun 18, 2012
    Norfolk, VA
    Well, my dad and I initially shared this account, so I set the location as Norfolk and NC. I go to college in Wilmington, NC (UNCW), but am from Virginia Beach. My dad works in Norfolk.

I honestly miss the area having been away for 2 1/2 years… looking to move back after grad school.

21. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    for info when you are in Va beach first Saturday of every month there is a Cars and coffee at la promenade .. you should know where that is .. I plan to have my new F12 there this week.. weather permitting....usually quite a few cars on a good day maybe 4 to 6 Fcars.
    best of luck with school.. exciting times I remember (barely)